What is place for Best price for contacts online?

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
Trying to save by buying contacts for my son online instead of through doctors office. What site have you found to be the best to order from?

I've been using OptiContacts.com for the last few years. By far the best prices I could find and I've spent a LOT of time searching (although it depends on the brand/type that you need). Interestingly, last month when I did a reorder, I had checked around again and couldn't find a better price. But when I put my brand name into Google and did a general search, it pulled up the shopping results on the right side of the page and OptiContacts had a listing there for an even better price, so I ended up getting a fabulous deal that was better than if I had just gone to their site directly.

I also always check for coupon codes at RetailMeNot.com and often find them for the various contact sites. However, even with those codes, for my particular contacts, I haven't been able to find better than the OptiContacts. For my husband's earlier in the year, I was able to use a code from RetailMeNot at Walgreen's contacts site and saved a huge amount there (he uses a different brand/style).

Hope that helps!

I've been using OptiContacts.com for the last few years. By far the best prices I could find and I've spent a LOT of time searching (although it depends on the brand/type that you need). Interestingly, last month when I did a reorder, I had checked around again and couldn't find a better price. But when I put my brand name into Google and did a general search, it pulled up the shopping results on the right side of the page and OptiContacts had a listing there for an even better price, so I ended up getting a fabulous deal that was better than if I had just gone to their site directly.

I also always check for coupon codes at RetailMeNot.com and often find them for the various contact sites. However, even with those codes, for my particular contacts, I haven't been able to find better than the OptiContacts. For my husband's earlier in the year, I was able to use a code from RetailMeNot at Walgreen's contacts site and saved a huge amount there (he uses a different brand/style).

Hope that helps!
Thanks my son has a stigmatism so his contacts are very expensive- that’s why I was hoping to find a better price online.

Hope that helps!

The lowest I've found is Costco. I looked at this site and thought I was getting a deal, but the processing fee made them cost $10 more than what I paid. Last time I ordered my contacts on a Friday at 4:30 and had the next Tuesday which is great considering my dds always tell me when they are out, not when they are getting low.

You can save $30 on simplecontacts.com/wdw.

It's a promo from the wdw today podcast. It was a good price for the brand we use. Order came quickly.

1-800-contacts will match the best price you find, plus an additional 5%. Plus, they will take back any lenses, even open boxes, if your rx changes. I just ordered the other day. Be sure to have the competitors website address ready, and when checking for prices, note that some places add a very high fee for "handling", even if shipping is free. I didn't think they would match because the difference per box was over $20, but they did!

I agree with Costco. I have astigmatism and have to wear daily's now. They are cheaper. You can order online too but I go in to order and pick up because they aren't far away. I also use the eye dr that has his office in costco, but if he ever moves I would still use him. He's good and I like him. But these are the two main reasons we keep our costco membership. They take insurance too and their glasses are quite reasonable.

Up until recently I have used Walgreens online. They seem to always have a 20% off coupon on their site. But the last time I ordered Costco online was cheaper than Walgreens with the coupon. I also used Costco's vision department for the exam.

Go to walgreen’s website /valpak9 for 25% off! The code changes throughout the year (might be quarterly... last code was valpak7). This one is currently good through Jan 2019.

I use Contact Lens King. I compare prices all the time. They have been the best with me - (Walgreens may have the 25% off but was still way more than what I spent). All of my Family of 4 has contacts so buying them quite often.

You’ve really got to shop around. Prices vary greatly by brand and site. Last year I found that lens.com was the cheapest for me, but only if I googled my brand. If I went straight to their page they were $10 more per box. This year I switched brands and found webeyecare.com was the cheapest.

I too have an astigmatism. Last year I wore Air Optix for Astigmatism and they were bout from Lens.com. This year I switched to Avaira Vitality Toric and got them from Webeyecare.com.

I used lens.com last year. I bought 6 pairs for less than 70 bucks.

I was going to buy more last week, same lenses than last time, and they were charging me around 130 bucks (with a $40.00 rebate that seems like is a hassle to get.

I did not buy them

I shop around every year. Most sites have a coupon for first time purchases, plus ebates (or your favorite cash back site). Mine are about $70/box, so I work really hard to get that down!

I second 1800contacts. They matched the price I found on Contact Lens King + gave me another 5% off. It was something like $40 off per box.

I use Contact Lens King. I compare prices all the time. They have been the best with me - (Walgreens may have the 25% off but was still way more than what I spent). All of my Family of 4 has contacts so buying them quite often.
Thanks! That one seems the best for the more expensive of the two types I need to order.

You’ve really got to shop around. Prices vary greatly by brand and site. Last year I found that lens.com was the cheapest for me, but only if I googled my brand. If I went straight to their page they were $10 more per box. This year I switched brands and found webeyecare.com was the cheapest.

I too have an astigmatism. Last year I wore Air Optix for Astigmatism and they were bout from Lens.com. This year I switched to Avaira Vitality Toric and got them from Webeyecare.com.
My son is wearing biofinty toric xr in one eye which are super expensive and biofinity toric in the other eye which isn't as bad. I have been looking around, but wasn't sure if anyone knew a better option. I really appreciate everyone's input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter