• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is something that was actually better “back in your days” ?

Homes are sure not built as they used to be. I cleaned homes for a living and noticed a wall that sure was not straight. It was a new home. And homes are over priced. And appliances are horrible they are made so you need to buy new ones as trying to fix most of them are more costly to fix.

Refrigerators. My parents bought a fridge in 1967 that worked for almost 50 years. We bought a fridge in 1998 we had to replace in 2009. We were told (not by a fridge salesman!) that 10-12 years is a good run for modern fridges.
You are spot on! Not just fridges, but other appliances, too.

I wish I could go back in time and keep my old washer!

Cereal and packaged baked goods.

I was just coming here to say, Little Debbie Fudge Rounds. They were my favorite recess snack as a kid. Now they're almost tasteless. Blech!

No fees at all attached to everything. Today everything has fees attached. Kayak or Paddle Board - vessel fee. Hiking- daily pass permit fee per person. TV -$$$. Bottle/cans deposits. Bag fees. Extra fees to pay bills. House - HOA fees. Processing fees. Resort Fees on top of resort stay and taxes. Parking fees. Data fees on top of service fees. Etc.

Cereal
Hostess snack items

I'll add Tastykake snack cakes in the Philly area. They used to be good but are barely edible these days.

Breyer's ice cream. Was the best supermarket brand; now most of the flavors are "frozen dairy dessert."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter