• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is that "cheesy" Disney detail that you love so much?

When you're boarding Peter Pan's Flight and the cast member "sprinkles" you with pixie dust, then snaps their finger to lower the safety bar. Such a cool touch that adds a little something extra to the ride.

No fair! No one's ever done that for us. Probably because we're two adults, they figure we're too "grown-up" for that, but sounds like I'd love it. Maybe we'll just have to bring our DGDs next time to see if it happens.

No fair! No one's ever done that for us. Probably because we're two adults, they figure we're too "grown-up" for that, but sounds like I'd love it. Maybe we'll just have to bring our DGDs next time to see if it happens.
Just look at them with a ridiculous amount of excitement! They might get the hint that you are waiting for something magical!

Oh thank you for this thread! You are my kind of people!:lovestruc
I love all the cheesy details- I can't choose just one and everyone has listed some of my favorite things- but I have to say all the songs are what get me. I tear up at several (like the song in American Adventure), and just plain dance along to others (hello Tiki Room!)
My enthusiasm isn't exactly shared by DH though, so it's nice to know that I'm not alone!!!

Oh thank you for this thread! You are my kind of people!:lovestruc
I love all the cheesy details- I can't choose just one and everyone has listed some of my favorite things- but I have to say all the songs are what get me. I tear up at several (like the song in American Adventure), and just plain dance along to others (hello Tiki Room!)
My enthusiasm isn't exactly shared by DH though, so it's nice to know that I'm not alone!!!

Music in the park gets me all the time.
But if I had to pick one, it's Carosel of Progress.
"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."
Nothing instantly transports me back to my childhood faster than that. Nothing!

I just love all the cheesy jokes on the Country Bears. Big Al's: There's...............Blooooood ...........on the......................sadddllllleeee! Gets me every time. Also the back and forth of the deer and moose heads on the wall.
I love the jokes in the Muppets too!
Something about those cheesy jokes that crack me up and make me feel "all Disney and fuzzy inside" :)

At 10pm or so we go to Storybook Treats and buy a sundae. Then we walk back to Gaston's Tavern to eat it.

There's nobody there. We sit and eat ice cream listening to the instrumental Beauty and the Beast music and hearing the mine train coming out of the tunnel every couple of minutes.

We love reading all of the tombstones while waiting at the Haunted Mansion.

These tombstones are one of my favorites, also. I use pictures of the tombstones when I teach my students the difference in epitaphs, epigraphs, and epithets. I give them a paper with a picture of a blank tombstone and they make up their own epitaphs. The Disney ones can inspire the students to create some pretty creative ones.

The themed soundtracks on the buses! I don't know quite why but there's something about hearing The Mickey Mouse theme pulling up to MK or Time Warp on the bus back to POP. I'm actually disappointed when the buses don't have anything playing.

Yes! What a great detail. I find that the Pop buses and the AKL buses seem to be some of the best about playing theme music. I also notice when no music is playing. One night a few weeks ago I was riding on a bus back to Pop after midnight and it was packed with exhausted guests. The bus was playing Bohemian Rhapsody and several of us started singing along. Really made what could have been an unpleasant trip actually fun. Reminded me of that commercial where the guy is singing Sweet Caroline while he was sitting in traffic and another driver joined him. "A happy driver is a safer driver" or something like that. At Disney, a bus full of singing guests is a bus full of happy guests. :rockband:

Music in the park gets me all the time.
But if I had to pick one, it's Carosel of Progress.
"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

This is my favorite song to sing the day before we leave for our trip. :) My kids know the words and now they'll join in. I almost feel sorry for DH... almost :rolleyes1

the opening show used to get me all excited and "in the mood" for a great day at MK. Kind of worried about the new show and how I'll like it. Also agree with COP being the most nostalgic ride, for me, in MK. It's a must do. And the kiss goodnight chokes me up every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter