What is that "cheesy" Disney detail that you love so much?

I love the wake up calls!

I used to love the wake up calls too-when they were from Mickey. That used to be my biggest cheesy love-I even saved it on my cell phone. When Mickey told me "Up and at em! We're so glad you're here. Big doings going on so let's get started. See ya real soon!" I LOVED that. Stitch, no way-now I just use my cell phone, and Dory wakes me up. I'd rather hear "Just keep swimming" than listen to Stitch yell.

It's not cheesy to me, but the Flaska Reclinata is an amazing detail in Pandora. How cool is a plant with a heartbeat that emits a refreshing mist?? May have been my favorite thing in all of Pandora.

And speaking of water shooting details, my daughter adores the spitting camel in Adventureland. She never walks by without going to be spat upon. She has fun trying to figure out where he's going to spit next.

Hearing "welcome home" does it for me! I also always request a wake up call. This pass trip Mickey woke us up every morning. It was wonderful!

Even though I can't sleep in when I am at Disney, I always request a wake up call! I love to have a character "wake" me up and wish me a magical day!

I love all of these, but my favorites are when cast members are so into their roles that they take it to another level.

One time on the Jungle Cruise, our Skipper went off the regular script. She told us that a new baby hippo was just born, and if we listened really closely, we could hear it calling out to its mother. The whole boat got quiet, and then she leaned out over the front of the boat and screamed "MOM!!!! MOM!!!! Mommy!!!!"

The best, though, was a driver on Kilimanjaro Safaris. We were by the wild dogs, and he said "I think (*some random fact about them)."

But then he continued, deadpan, "In fact, I'm sure. Just as sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti." He then asked if we "Toto-ly" got it. Maybe three other people got it, but his delivery was hilarious (It's a line from the Toto song "Africa").

I love the jumping water in future world

The giant orange dinosaur at Chester and Hester's

Gertie at DHS

And sonny eclipse over at MK

I am a former Disney Store CM and I still do it as well. LOL!!

DH was showing some new visitors around Epcot (just people he ran into), and as soon as he did, the two-finger point came naturally. And DS was lucky enough to be an entertainment CM in DL, and as soon as he got there, even before the Traditions class, he naturally started the two finger point. Once we met a college program CM who pointed with one finger, and we laughingly reminded her she'd pointed wrong!

The two finger point. It's not actually "cheesy" but to me it just screams "Disney CM." I love it. We walk around the park pointing things out to each other with two fingers on purpose.

Former CM here - I always catch myself doing this in the "real world", especially when someone asks me something like where the bathroom is. I also catch myself doing it in my classroom all the time. I'm sort of just waiting for the day that one of my students asks me about it. The other one I have to fight the urge to do is asking someone for an autograph for a credit card purchase. I was just working the box office for a theatre last month and had to consciously think about asking each patron to SIGN the receipt instead of asking for an autograph :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter