What is the 1st thing you do on your 1st park day when you step through the gate.

We like to hit the gates around 11:45 AM. Then we take five steps in, open a park map, and say "alright kids, what do you wanna do first?!" :thumbsup2

Make a beeline for the opera house, Look at the disney gallery, and than great moments with mr lincoln, I love to start my trips this way.

First thing I do is take a stroll down Main St.

After passing under the tracks, I take a moment to soak in my first sight of Main Street’s town square. The characters, the music, the other guests; all of it is a part of the experience. I then take my time and stroll up Main st towards the hub. These first impressions bring me back into the right frame of mind.

Main St and how it sets the mood make it the most important land in the park.

Last edited:
Used to be casually stroll down main street and maybe check max pass to line up some fastpasses. Now it is looking for a spot with good cellular data to get a RotR boarding pass.

I know this is probably not an original idea but I thought it might be fun to hear about peoples traditions or what they do first thing on entering the park on your first day. Thought it might be a nice diversion while we wait for the world to settle back to normal
For our family we always head to the Tiki room, get ourselves a Dole whip and go and enjoy the place where:

"All the birds sing words
And the flowers croon"

:love:

Get Teary eyed. .. Walk thru the turnstile at MK. It’s as though it’s in my DNA. Corny but true.

Big Thunder! And if it’s literally gates open time, then I like to do Tarzan’s Treehouse and look down at the relatively empty walkways below.

The very 1st thing I do when I step through the gate is beam with joy that I am finally back in our beloved park! From there my family and I head towards the right tunnel where my son picks up a German park map. After passing through the tunnel I try to pause a moment to take a deep breath... breathing in the wonderful atmosphere and taking in a quick visual appreciation of one of my most favorite places to be. Next, we head down the right side of Main Street and stop in to watch some of the classic cartoons in the Main Street Cinema. After a bit we pop in the Market House for some coffee and possibly a snack. We sit at one of the tables for a bit to people watch and listen to the conversations going on from the windows upstairs above us. And, then we make a bee line straight to our favorite ride, Pirates. Perfect way to start our day!

I always stop and read the plaque, then we head towards adventureland. Next trip will probably be heading straight for SWL. DH tradition is to make a run for Starbucks :P

LOL! Sorry! Apparently the first thing I should do is clean off my glasses and pay better attention or I'll be wandering around DL a long darn time looking for Spaceship Earth! 😄
But just think about all the fun adventures you could have on your search! That could be a very fun and funny podcast!

We must ride Pirates first thing. then have a dole whip.
next trip will probably take a slower pace and breath it all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter