What is the absolutely closest offsite hotel?

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
Are there hotels that are literally at the gates of the MK parking lot? How close can you get without being on-property or in downtown disney?

Most of the Disney hotels aren't even at the gates of MK. If you look at a map the only hotels near MK are POLY, CONTEMP, GF, WL and Shades of Green. If you mean near Disney property MOWC, HIFS, Caribe Royale and BV Suites are reasonably near EPCOT and MGM.

WDW property is very large. Of site hotels are several miles away from the gate of the MK.

That could be interpretable by the hotel !!! It probably means 1 1/2 miles from the WDW propertyline. WDW property is 43-47 square miles. Is there a particular hotel you are interested in?

If the hotel says 1.5 miles away, that's 1.5 miles away from what?

I'd also say that's 1.5 miles from the property line or one of the "Maingates" to WDW. "Maingate" is not a park entrance gate BTW. Another trick is the "5 minutes from Disney" which could also mean 5 minutes from a "Maingate". They often don't add the time to a park entrance. Even some on-site properties are more than 1.5 miles from say the MK.

I always find that when a place advertises 10 minutes away it is usually much more at my speed.

We're staying at Silver Lake Condos...never been there, but I've told it's about a mile from south entrance to WDW...and actually adjacent to Animal Kingdom property.

Silver Lake is on Black Lake Road, on the edge of the WDW property line. From the hotel it's 2.6 miles to the Animal Kingdom entrance.

HIFS is the closest hotel on SR 536 to the "gates of Disney world" It is 1.5 miles. That is the entrance near Epcot, Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon.

Like everyone else has said," the miles to disney" come ons are just that. If you are off site, 2miles may take 2 minutes (HIFS). Or 20 minutes (HGC). I believe the closest off site hotel to Disney property is a Days INN 30 yards away from the entrance to Downtown Disney. However, it that does'nt mean you'll get to the parks the fastest by staying there. Do some research here and in books and you'll see that there are hotels on roads that are unencombered with trafic(the new Opryland Hotel being built be by HIFS) that will get you to the parks the fastest........TAZ ;)

yes i agree with the "unemcumbored by traffic" statement. It was by fluke that we ended up on sr536....we didn't choose HIFS for that reason, but it turned out to be a real perk. SR536 was never busy! :)

The Orlando Marriott World Center is officially the closest to a Disney park (Epcot - 1 mile), and HIFS is right around the corner from the Marriott. Hotels near the 192 Disney entrance of Sherberth Rd are only 1.5 miles from the Animal Kingdom, while the Downtown Disney hotels (not strictly 'on property') are closest to MGM Studios (just over 2 miles). It is swings and roundabouts really. WDW really is so big you have to look at a map to fully appreciate the scale element here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter