What is the atmosphere at Oga'a during breakfast hours?

khaleesi

Life is a Special Occasion
I'm giving myself an Oga'a do-over on my next trip. I wasn't quite prepared for the atmosphere, and as an introvert I got very overwhelmed.

Now that I know what to expect, I'm going to try again. And um wondering if the earlier hours are any less stressful?

I'm a solo traveler, and I don't drink. LOL. But I'm such a huge Star Wars fan that I sooo want to enjoy this experience.

Thanks!!

I'm giving myself an Oga'a do-over on my next trip. I wasn't quite prepared for the atmosphere, and as an introvert I got very overwhelmed.

Now that I know what to expect, I'm going to try again. And um wondering if the earlier hours are any less stressful?

I'm a solo traveler, and I don't drink. LOL. But I'm such a huge Star Wars fan that I sooo want to enjoy this experience.

Thanks!!
Bump

I've been twice. First time was when it opened and we were the first party. They tried to put us at a high top, but I asked for a table. They put us at a table and another family joined us. We smiled and that was the end of that interaction. Everyone seemed to have a nice time and our non-alcoholic drinks were tasty. A lot of ice, but it was tasty. It's a very neat looking place and with being so early my son was able to walk around easily and take pictures.

Second time it was 3 pm and I was with my son and husband. I asked at check in for table and I was told none available and we had the choice of bar or high top - both of which have no chairs. We picked the high top and put w/ about 5 - 22 yr olds having a great time. I bumped butts w/ the woman at the next table for most of the time and I felt like a sardine in a can. I had the same drink and it was still very good.

I would go back at open. I enjoyed it. It was fun, but if I was a drinker, Im not sure I would want to be there at 10 am or whatever time it was. I would never go back after noon. Some enjoy that environment and good on them, but it's not for me.

I have been several times, the earliest being 9am, and the atmosphere was pretty much the same every time. I didn’t notice anything much different at breakfast vs later in the day.

My first experience at Oga's was 5 or 6 months after SWGE had just opened, I was a solo traveler at the earliest reservation available to me, which was 9:30 AM. I've since gone back 3 more times with my family, all between 10:00 AM-1:00 PM, and the atmosphere is pretty much the same no matter what. Very loud, very crowded, lots of space shenanigans!

If you're a huge Star Wars fan and you really want to love it, I think it's worth a do-over at the earliest time slot of the day. Now that you know the lay of the land a bit, I think you'll have better luck going back with different expectations. Oga's is one of those places that's usually packed from park open to park close, but the rest of DHS is generally pretty sleepy in the morning, so you're probably better off getting your drink, skedaddling, and then decompressing on Sunset Boulevard or even Toy Story Land.

We’ve been twice. Once at the bar and once at a high top. The bar was much easier to keep to ourselves since you are facing forward and really only interacting with the bartender and not aware of those around you. The high top was kind of hard since we were paired with two other groups and all seated and served at the same time. Everyone was very nice, but it was awkward and it was clear we all felt uncomfortable - not sure if we should be trying to make polite group chit chat or if we should all just keep to ourselves.

I would recommend asking for a bar spot since it will give you a better chance of being undisturbed.

I really don’t think time of day matters much since it’s still a popular reservation and people will take what they can get.

We’ve been twice. Once at the bar and once at a high top. The bar was much easier to keep to ourselves since you are facing forward and really only interacting with the bartender and not aware of those around you. The high top was kind of hard since we were paired with two other groups and all seated and served at the same time. Everyone was very nice, but it was awkward and it was clear we all felt uncomfortable - not sure if we should be trying to make polite group chit chat or if we should all just keep to ourselves.

I would recommend asking for a bar spot since it will give you a better chance of being undisturbed.

I really don’t think time of day matters much since it’s still a popular reservation and people will take what they can get.
The bar tip is super helpful, thank you!!

Being a solo traveler, they are probably just stick you at bar. It’s probably not going to as shoulder to shoulder as it was when it first opened. There’s multiple non alcoholic drinks options.

My only morning trip was in April after Easter crowds were gone, so a slower time. We had a 9:30ish reservation, and even though Oga’s wasn’t even close to full (I’d never seen it so empty with the exception of high Covid and have been dozens of times), my party of two was placed at a table with two other parties of 4. We had alcohol; the other two groups had kids and didn’t. They proceeded to talk back and forth about how it was too early to drink and inappropriate to do so in a theme park in front of kids. We found it quite humorous. Our waitress did ask if we wanted to move to the bar, but we wanted to sit so we stayed. Point being on this particular day we could have had a space to ourselves when generally that’s not really possible.

My only morning trip was in April after Easter crowds were gone, so a slower time. We had a 9:30ish reservation, and even though Oga’s wasn’t even close to full (I’d never seen it so empty with the exception of high Covid and have been dozens of times), my party of two was placed at a table with two other parties of 4. We had alcohol; the other two groups had kids and didn’t. They proceeded to talk back and forth about how it was too early to drink and inappropriate to do so in a theme park in front of kids. We found it quite humorous. Our waitress did ask if we wanted to move to the bar, but we wanted to sit so we stayed. Point being on this particular day we could have had a space to ourselves when generally that’s not really possible.
That's insane....it's literally a bar, and they shamed you for drinking??? o_O

I've done a 9:30 am solo visit, and it was pretty nice. All the tables and high tops were full, but I was at the bar, and that was less crowded than usual. I think I got one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic drink and they were both good. I definitely got to talk to the bartender more than usual, thanks to the light crowd.

Thanks!!
I've been during morning hours with just DS and I. It is much more sedate. We LOVE the Jabba Juice!! That is all we ordered last few trips.

Jabba Juice​

Simply® Orange with Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, and Blueberry Popping Pearls

Good to know!! I am going at a generally slower time, so fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter