What is the benefit of staying on site if there are no EMH or DDP?

leeserw

Mouseketeer
I have a trip planned for the end of July. I just noticed that I can buy regular tickets for the dates we are going. It would sure save a lot of money to stay off site. Am I missing something?

It's mostly just for preference and wanting that Disney-Feel. But additionally, by staying onsite you can make charges through your magicband, use your magicband to enter your room, and you'll be taken to MK directly, not to TTC like off-sites do (including the Four Seasons, which is surprising!). So it's basically just preference and level of convenience.

Also, if you're flying in and staying off site, you'll probably want to rent a car, which is another expense. You'll need a way to get from the airport to your hotel. You can Lyft, Uber, or take a cab, but there's an expense too.
Granted, a lot of hotels have a shuttle services, but some do it better than others.
Me personally, I hate driving while on vacation.

Right now, the value of staying on-site is certainly less. In addition to what's been mentioned, I would also add that its more efficient to stay on-site. With the parks having shorter hours, it will be important to get there in a timely fashion and maximize your time in the park. Its faster to get there if you're already on-site. If you have a need to return to your hotel mid-day and want to go back to the park, it will be much faster to do this if staying on-site. You also don't have to contend with park opening/closing traffic and the long walks/trams from the parking lots.

I agree with what others have said. I will also add, that after reading many blogs, many have esteemed Disney's cleanliness and safety protocols that are set in place. Many have also noted that they are better than many other places they've ventured to during this time, enforcing rules and compliance. I would think for some it's the peace of mind knowing that for Disney, safety is #1. I personally wouldn't be comfortable getting in an uber/taxi or taking public transportation during this time. I also don't want the hassle of renting a vehicle and driving to the parks/paying for parking. Not sure if the Disney resort prices makes it worth it, but it's definitely something to consider.

Would agree that some of the benefit of staying onsite are less than they used to be. However, besides enjoying staying on Disney property, we enjoy the free transportation (not sure how well that works now), and the other Disney options at night - Boardwalk, mini-golf, Disney Springs, etc.
In the past, it was also nice to be able to go back to the room for a short time if you liked. With shorter hours, not as likely to happen.

The Total Disney Immersion. There’s nothing like it. Would o go now/during Covid, no. We ll wait till next year and take our AP refund. But we Only stay on site. No comparison for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter