What is the best day of the week to hit the waterparks

MasterElwood

Earning My Ears
Some books say the best day to hit TL & BB is Saturday - but i find that hard to belief. Also: every Saturday i visited one of the two parks - it was really really crowded.

So: what´s REALLY the best day to hit TL & BB?

Thanx in A.

Alex

We went to TL on a Monday, but it was a holiday (Memorial Day 2015) and it was pretty crowded, but we still got to do pretty much everything we wanted to. The lines for the Crush & Gusher were small towards the end of the day so the kids kept getting back in line; I think they rode it 4 times back to back.

We went to BB the following Sunday and it was a pretty low crowd day. We rode everything with short lines and several things multiple times.

I would like to know this too. We went to TL last summer on a Wednesday and it was completely packed. No chairs anywhere, but I kind of expected that. And it was very difficult to get a "floatie" in the lazy river. Heading back next week, and would like to avoid the insane crowds.

I don't remember what days we've gone but we've always been there before TL opened and have gotten to do everything we wanted to.

We typically go during the week, not on the weekends and it has always been very manageable. At some point I read that it is better to go during the week because the locals are less likely to take a day off during the week to hit the water parks whereas they might take a day off to go to the other parks. No idea if that is actually the case or not.

Depends on the time of year honestly. If you are talking peak season, I would think earlier in the week is best. Using the logic that most people who take week long vacations arrive over the weekend and want to hit the rides Sun/Mon/Tues and maybe need a "break" on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Keep in mind that Disney sells an afternoon WP pass to Florida residents (although now I see a full day pass as well) that could drive attendance in the afternoons.

In mid-October, DD and I went on Saturday and had our best BB day ever. The longest lift line we saw was maybe 15 minutes. The family raft ride usually was only 3 rafts deep before it was your turn. The lazy river wasn't an insane mass of people.

Has anyone gone in the afternoon like after 3:00 ? I did read some where that crowds start leaving then and crowds die down.

We are thinking of visiting Typhoon Lagoon in May! Planning in going on a Friday from 10am to 1pm. I think 3 hours would be good enough to enjoy the park and I heard it's good to go when it opens. Hopefully I'll have feedback about going on a Friday morning in May.

We went to Blizzard Beach on a Wednesday, and there was about nothing we really had to wait for! maybe there is something to that theory of "less locals during the week", but there were a fair amount of people there.... just not enough that we were crowded.

We are thinking of visiting Typhoon Lagoon in May! Planning in going on a Friday from 10am to 1pm. I think 3 hours would be good enough to enjoy the park and I heard it's good to go when it opens. Hopefully I'll have feedback about going on a Friday morning in May.

I think you would be ok going then BUT I think 3 hours isn't enough. Clearly it depends on your family but my DD could spend hours in the lazy river and wave pool.

Anyone done a water park on Easter Sunday? We are going to try Typhoon Lagoon at park opening on Easter and I am nervous!

I think you would be ok going then BUT I think 3 hours isn't enough. Clearly it depends on your family but my DD could spend hours in the lazy river and wave pool.

True. But it's just the boyfriend and me :) and I think we will play it by ear. I don't think I'd go on all the different slides more than twice. Have to see how we feel about the river and wave pool. Perhaps 4 hours may make more sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter