What is the best hotel to stay at in Disney world?

VGF with BWV a close second. Anything else is a distant 3rd.

As others have said, it really depends. The only category where I see a clear cut winner is Pop Century for the values. It’s slightly nicer than the All-Stars and the Skyliner is a game changer. AoA would be tied or probably ahead but the only true “Value” category rooms are the Little Mermaid rooms which are a hike from most the main areas of the resort. At Pop Century, you can still get a well-located room in the “standard” room category. It’s not guaranteed, but being flexible on the better located standard view buildings and some persistence/patience with CMs at check-in should still get you a room with a much better location than the LM rooms at AoA.

Best is subjective depending on various factors, but the ones we love most:
  • Pop Century
  • Coronado Springs
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Bay Lake Tower
  • Polynesian

The "best" hotel is subjective. IMO the best value is Pop. As for the best deluxe, it depends on the location - in the Epcot/HS area, I like BWI/BWV (or Swan/Dolphin) and the MK area we like the Poly. As for the "best" moderates - all are meh to us, but if I had to choose it would be the Port Orleans - French Quarter.

We've stayed everywhere but FW and they're all good. For us, we love BW and AKL. I'm sure you will have someone that will answer with every hotel on property. Its very subjective. In Disney's eyes, GF is supposed to be the flagship resort but it doesn't generally get a ton of love.
We have stayed at every WDW hotel, most several times.

The best one is whichever one you are staying at!

Really depends on what you like and your location preference. With that said, the real answer is the Wilderness Lodge. Every time. 😂

I have only stayed in CBR and CSR and loved CSR. I think it depends on a lot of factors, like everyone here is saying.

Value: Pop
Mod: French Quarter
Deluxe: Yacht Club or Beach Club
As someone said earlier, AoA is not really value except for LM rooms and we didn’t end up liking the location of those especially since I’ve always paid extra at the other values to have the rooms closer to the amenities. French Quarter is small and has a boat to DS so that’s what I like best about it. Now we just stay at Yacht Club because of all the Deluxe we’ve tried, we like it the best. My kids love Epcot and HS so the location is perfect and we all love SAB. We stayed at BWI once and it has been the only resort that we didn’t find any reason to ever think about going back to. We really like WL, but as MK is our least favorite park, the resort is not enough for us to give up the location of Epcot resorts. And I like YC better over BC for the simple fact that it has full balconies and I don’t have to stress about possibly getting stuck with a Juliet balcony at BC, and because I like to be able to get off the boat at the end of the day and walk straight ahead into YC!! Sometimes it’s the stupid little things that can be important to a person!! We’ve been to the monorail resorts for meals and stuff, but none of them appealed to us. Hubby is the only one that has ever said we should stay at GF sometime, but since he only attends for a few days of our trips, his choice doesn’t count. Part of the fun is trying out different places before choosing your favorite.

Everyone is going to like or need different accommodations. For us, the Boardwalk was convenient and felt like home. I loved the proximity of 2 parks.

Honestly, it's not easy to choose. We are talking about staying at a Magic Kingdom resort for part of our next trip. I've only managed to rule out one resort. Luckily, I am not even booking that trip for a year and a half. That might be just enough time for me to make up my mind.

What are you looking for? Price? Convenience? Food?

My all-time favorite is Wilderness Lodge. My next would be Coronado. Our next trip is All Star Movies as that is all we could get for booking only 2 months out. But it will be fine too. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of them .

Just curious to what people think is the best hotel to stay at in Disney world?
We love Old Key West! It was great before the refurbishment but it is seriously stunning now. I think it is a excellent value for the space and for our vacation style. Ultimately the “best” hotel is going to depend on your needs and how you like to vacation.

You really have to stop advertising this. They are going to take all of our rainfall showerhead rooms!

I'm hoping as more and more rooms are redone, they'll add them in!!

As mentioned, "best" is extremely subjective and you will likely get every resort mentioned at least once in this thread. With some qualifiers, I think people here could recommend hotels that may be best for you depending on what's most important to you and what the goals of your trip are.

IMO, there is not one hotel at WDW that is best for everything. There is not one hotel that is close to all four parks or that offers alternate transportation to all four parks. Logistics and ease/convenience of transportation is always top priority for us. One of the few things we do daily on vacation is commute to the parks, so being in a location where that is quick and easy is important. For this reason, we like the Epcot area resorts (Boardwalk, BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin) and we also like the Skyliner resorts (CBR, Riviera, Pop, AOA). These hotels provide quick alternate transportation to two of the four parks which is huge, especially since we spend most of our time at Epcot and DHS. If you have small kids and will likely spend most of your time at MK, a monorail resort may suit you better.

If price was no object, it would be the Poly or Boardwalk. Both have good pools, locations, and rooms. Poly has the better theming but Boardwalk is easier access to more parks.

If I'm paying cash, I think it's Caribbean Beach. The rooms are nice, and Skyliner access without having to transfer is a beautiful thing.

We like several but are usually pulled back to the Wilderness Lodge because of the atmosphere. But Beach Club is also great for Epcot, HS, and their pool. Without kids, so for trips with a slower pace and less worry about transport, timing etc, we enjoyed Port Orleans and Coronado Springs. I never liked the Grand Floridian or Yacht Club but really only because of personal taste.

It totally depends on the type of trip I'm planning, but my current fave is Caribbean Beach--the theming is cute, the vibe is more relaxed than a value resort, and I'm a huge fan of the convenience of the Skyliner, and it's all without breaking the bank. A close 2nd and 3rd for me are the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (*if* I have a car) and the suites at Art of Animation (I LOVE the over the top Disney theming and plus it has the Skyliner too!)

The Polynesian of course :love: Trader Sam's, Ohana, Tonga Toast at Capt. Cook's, the sounds of the monorail from my balcony, lava pool, kids splash area, view of the castle with a margarita in my hand...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter