What is the best hotel to stay at in Disney world?

Grand Floridian for us. I love how relaxing it is. If the Lava pool was larger, I’d probably say Poly, but it was just a little too chaotic for me. The GF pool with the monorail zipping by is one of my favorite things. I also have a soft spot for the Wilderness Lodge. I’ll do a short split stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge anytime!

It's funny one person will say they love it and another will say no way.

We always stayed at All stars untill one time I upgraded to pop and now I cant go back to ASM.
Last fall we stayed at coranado 3 nights in casitas 1 in tower. It was nice but I really missed pop. I have never and probably never will spend 400 + on one night on a room but I love to stay at AK

The "best" hotel is subjective. IMO the best value is Pop. As for the best deluxe, it depends on the location - in the Epcot/HS area, I like BWI/BWV (or Swan/Dolphin) and the MK area we like the Poly. As for the "best" moderates - all are meh to us, but if I had to choose it would be the Port Orleans - French Quarter.

Agree on the Moderates. They don’t offer enough more over a value to justify the price IMO. If I’m spending that much per night I don’t want to stay in a motel style resort.

Personally, we love Pop. We stayed at Shades of Green once and now I can't talk my husband into any place but Pop and the skyliner sealed it. I am never going to be able to stay at the one other place I want to try--Port Orleans French Quarter.
We stayed at Shades once as well and will NEVER go back! We love Pop

Poly, BC and BW.

Great proximity and transportation options.
All have tons of food options nearby.

We have about 40 trips at all 3 levels (4 if you count DVC) and we have found that the Mods give us what we need without breaking the bank. For us, we think location is so over valued and do not feel it's worth paying $200-$400 more per night, to stay at a deluxe resort and possibly be closer to 1 or 2 parks. Here is our favs

Value = POP
Mod = POFQ & CBR
Deluxe = GF & BW
Most Unique = AKL

I generally prefer hotels with interior corridors.

Favorite, Yacht Club. I like the theming and the location and surroundings by the lake, plus I can walk to two parks.

Next, Shades of Green. Nearly the same reason, the surroundings are peaceful to me and I really like walking to the coffee place every morning in the lobby. People seem to love it or hate it, I love it (away from the pool though!). Minus the transportation at Shades to get to and from anyplace other than TTC and MK. It still is in my top contenders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter