What is the best strategy to sign up for Jedi Training?

Kwdsue

Mouseketeer
We plan to arrive before rope drop and head straight there to sign up. Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Exactly what we did. Arrived about an hour prior to park opening. First to sign up and were on the third train of the day on RnR immediately after. They may offer the first available Jedi training show to you but you can select any of the times throughout the day

Thanks for the input the 8 year old girl wants to do this and I had no idea on where to go for sigh up.

Can someone please elaborate who has actually done this? We have an ADR for Hollywood & Vine at 8:15 a.m.

Please walk me through how I can enter the park early, First sign up for Jedi Training and then head to breakfast?

Is this really possible? I keep hearing conflicting reports. I'd rather skip the breakfast and get there 45 minutes before the park opens if my odds are just as good as everyone else's. is the ADR worth it for this reason?

Can someone please elaborate who has actually done this? We have an ADR for Hollywood & Vine at 8:15 a.m.

Please walk me through how I can enter the park early, First sign up for Jedi Training and then head to breakfast?

Is this really possible? I keep hearing conflicting reports. I'd rather skip the breakfast and get there 45 minutes before the park opens if my odds are just as good as everyone else's. is the ADR worth it for this reason?

We had an 8:15 ADR! We entered at around 8, stopped for a photopass photographer and then went straight to Jedi Training. They signed my DS up for any time we wanted and then we were at our breakfast by 8:15. Very easy! Then we made it to TSMM at around 9 before there was a line. This was just last month so should be accurate still.

My kids did not care about meeting all the H&V breakfast characters. I think we missed 1 or 2. If you want to meet all of them, you will probably be there longer.

I have done it both ways and let me tell you the PPO was way worth it.

June 2016 we arrived at 8:20 and they were already letting people in to sign up - they had just started but of course we were behind several people. I had my then 4 year old with me so we were not moving fast while some people were practically running. We got in a very long line and finally were able to sign up around 9 or so. Only the first show was sold out at that point but we had waited in a 30-40 min line that is partially uncovered and hot.

In June 2017, we had an 8:15 PPO at H&V. We did arrive around 7:50, I think, and were let in at around 7:55, maybe 8 with the other PPO diners. We headed straight to sign ups, waited 5 minutes, and then headed back to breakfast, where we enjoyed good food and Bloody Marys. I will never do it the first way again.

We had an 8:15 ADR! We entered at around 8, stopped for a photopass photographer and then went straight to Jedi Training. They signed my DS up for any time we wanted and then we were at our breakfast by 8:15. Very easy! Then we made it to TSMM at around 9 before there was a line. This was just last month so should be accurate still.

My kids did not care about meeting all the H&V breakfast characters. I think we missed 1 or 2. If you want to meet all of them, you will probably be there longer.

June 2016 we arrived at 8:20 and they were already letting people in to sign up - they had just started but of course we were behind several people. I had my then 4 year old with me so we were not moving fast while some people were practically running. We got in a very long line and finally were able to sign up around 9 or so. Only the first show was sold out at that point but we had waited in a 30-40 min line that is partially uncovered and hot.

In June 2017, we had an 8:15 PPO at H&V. We did arrive around 7:50, I think, and were let in at around 7:55, maybe 8 with the other PPO diners. We headed straight to sign ups, waited 5 minutes, and then headed back to breakfast, where we enjoyed good food and Bloody Marys. I will never do it the first way again.
Our story this past August also. Good breakfast also.

I know that some kids fight Darth Vader and some fight Kylo Ren. Is there a way to ensure that my son fights whichever one he wants? Is it the first so many who sign up in each slot fight Darth and the last half fight Kylo? Or is it a crap shoot with each time slot?

ETA - we have a PPO breakfast, so we *should* have our choice of times throughout the day. But, we'll do what we can to let him fight his villain of choice. :)

I know that some kids fight Darth Vader and some fight Kylo Ren. Is there a way to ensure that my son fights whichever one he wants? Is it the first so many who sign up in each slot fight Darth and the last half fight Kylo? Or is it a crap shoot with each time slot?

ETA - we have a PPO breakfast, so we *should* have our choice of times throughout the day. But, we'll do what we can to let him fight his villain of choice. :)

Unless it has changed recently, I believe the options are Vader and Seventh Sister (from Rebels). Kylo appears at the end doing his own thing.

As for choosing your opponent, you can ask the CMs there when you arrive for your time but it will depend on where those before you have been placed already.

It is based on where they line up. For us, in June, we were signed up for the first show. We met up with the CMs by Mama Melrose. I had researched on the Dis what line to get in. There are two lines and I am fairly certain, we got in the one furthest from the building. But I really could be remembering wrong. I think @yulilin3 may have much better info than me.

ETA: I meant 50’s Primetime.

Last edited:
Unless it has changed recently, I believe the options are Vader and Seventh Sister (from Rebels). Kylo appears at the end doing his own thing.

As for choosing your opponent, you can ask the CMs there when you arrive for your time, but it will depend on where those before you have been placed already.
It recently changed to Kylo...like in the last couple of weeks.

THANK YOU!

When we did it we entered the park about 30 minutes after it opened and headed straight for sign up. At that point, the only openings were beginning at around 3:00 pm, but that was fine with us. As long as you do not feel the need to be in one of the first shows, my experience is there are plenty of slots and no need to stress about getting their before rope drop. Now granted, this was over Mardi Gras break (which is usually in February) and was not on a weekend day. I would imaging summer time is a bit crazier if you are going then.

I think it's random because they line the kids up seemingly by height. But then last minute they switched some around, like if a set of siblings wanted to be next to each other. But you can tell them who you want and maybe that will help. In September it was Darth Vader (kids lined up on right) and Kylo Ren (line on right).

You just inspired me to try for a PPO reservation. I could only get one for DH and the kids, but it might be worth it. I set a reservation finder, so we will see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter