What is the best way for a couple to resort hop?

Need a bit more info. Will you be staying on property? Do you have a car or are you relying on Disney transportation? Do you have an area of resorts you want to focus on?

The easiest way is to park at the TTC or one of the other parks or Disney Springs. Take WDW transportation to a monorail resort, tour CR, Poly, GF, and WL (via boat from MK). Or take WDW transportation to an Epcot resort and use walkway, Friendship boats and Skyliner to visit BW, Yacht & Beach, Swan/Dolphin, Riviera, Pop and AoA. Take WDW transportation to any other resorts you want to visit.

Staying on property - would like to stay in multiple resorts while there for 5 to 6 days. Will use WDW transportation or minnie van.

So it sounds like you want to do a split stay not just visit other resorts? If that is the case, there are many ways to do it.

If planning to do a split between a value or moderate and a deluxe, most people prefer to do the value/moderate first then switch to the deluxe. Common opinion is to not do more than a 2 resort stay for that short of a trip. I've done split stays often for a 5 or 6 night trip. I usually stay 2 nights in resort #1 then switch to resort #2. I have a car with me so usually drive to resort #2 and take my own luggage but Disney will transfer your luggage. Just be aware that it will not get to resort #2 until after 3 or 4 pm. The easiest way is to get up on transfer day and get your luggage to bell services for them to transfer then go off to a park. Some will go to resort #2 when they get the text their room is ready, some will stay in the park for however long they want to. Some will plan a sort of semi-resort day for switch day and linger at resort #1 and have a small piece of luggage with swim suits in it and spend the day at the pool at resort #2 until their room is ready.

So it sounds like you want to do a split stay not just visit other resorts? If that is the case, there are many ways to do it.

If planning to do a split between a value or moderate and a deluxe, most people prefer to do the value/moderate first then switch to the deluxe. Common opinion is to not do more than a 2 resort stay for that short of a trip. I've done split stays often for a 5 or 6 night trip. I usually stay 2 nights in resort #1 then switch to resort #2. I have a car with me so usually drive to resort #2 and take my own luggage but Disney will transfer your luggage. Just be aware that it will not get to resort #2 until after 3 or 4 pm. The easiest way is to get up on transfer day and get your luggage to bell services for them to transfer then go off to a park. Some will go to resort #2 when they get the text their room is ready, some will stay in the park for however long they want to. Some will plan a sort of semi-resort day for switch day and linger at resort #1 and have a small piece of luggage with swim suits in it and spend the day at the pool at resort #2 until their room is ready.
Wow, didn't know bell service would transfer luggage between resort (assuming WDW resort only not good neighbor hotels?). Thaks for the info.

I did a mini resort hop recently.
Bus -> Disney Springs
Boat -> Port Orleans FQ
Bus -> MK (painfully long wait for the bus!)
Monorail -> Polynesian
*Plans got derailed at Poly... Planned Bus (attempted) -> HS, Boat -> Boardwalk BUT a 40 minute wait (with no end in sight) for HS had me hail a Lyft for $10 to the Boardwalk
Boardwalk/YC/BC
Skyliner -> Riviera

It was a nice trip but the buses were simply awful. Spend the $ on regular Lyfts. I can't think of any reason to pay 4x as much to take a Minnie Van around. You have to go in the Lyft app to order a Minnie van anyway. We did use MVs on our trip when we had a kiddo with us that needed a carseat. There was nothing very special about the service otherwise.

I did a mini resort hop recently.
Bus -> Disney Springs
Boat -> Port Orleans FQ
Bus -> MK (painfully long wait for the bus!)
Monorail -> Polynesian
*Plans got derailed at Poly... Planned Bus (attempted) -> HS, Boat -> Boardwalk BUT a 40 minute wait (with no end in sight) for HS had me hail a Lyft for $10 to the Boardwalk
Boardwalk/YC/BC
Skyliner -> Riviera

It was a nice trip but the buses were simply awful. Spend the $ on regular Lyfts. I can't think of any reason to pay 4x as much to take a Minnie Van around. You have to go in the Lyft app to order a Minnie van anyway. We did use MVs on our trip when we had a kiddo with us that needed a carseat. There was nothing very special about the service otherwise.
Great info! I now realize I asked a question that was not complete or worded wrong, leading to a dual meaning. However, I like getting answers to both meanings (Staying at multiple resorts in one stay or visiting all the resorts while in the bubble)! Thank you all.

Staying at the Beach or Yacht Club or Boardwalk gives you three resorts right in the area. Then skyliner to multiple resorts. Walk into Epcot go to the front get on the monorail and hit the monorail resorts! Can get a lot of resorts in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter