• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the best way to show support for the Hollywood Actors?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
When most businesses go out the easy answer is just don't cross the line, more than once I have just turned around.

This though, what is the way to show both support and interest in the outcome?

Not consume media made by Hollywood. That's probably the only way to show your support and hurt the producers (in a teeny tiny way).

So, British or Bollywood, Nollywood, Wellywood etc. content only.

And I am sure there is a fund you can donate money to.

Not consume media made by Hollywood. That's probably the only way to show your support and hurt the producers (in a teeny tiny way).

So, British or Bollywood, Nollywood, Wellywood etc. content only.

And I am sure there is a fund you can donate money to.

Actually, it is better to consume the media to show the value in the work that the actors (and previously the writers) do. It helps their case that they make money for the studios.

Tough to get the word out when you are pushing back against the makers of the show.

The No-Fakes Act would probably go a long way to protecting every single person in the US from identity theft, it isn't meant to protect us all but it probably would. Nothing anywhere else seems to be paying attention to the potential of how much harm digital likeness can do.

Well, you hurt the studios AND the actors when you don't watch the product. The actors residuals are generally based on how much a show makes in reruns.
A Fraternity brother of mine on strike. He was on a well known TV show for 4 seasons. But that show ended 40 years ago. He was lucky enough to get a job on another series for 2 seasons, and a minor but recurring role on another series for 6 seasons. And he did the usually guest spots on the Love Boat, Hotel, and Battle of the Network Stars.
As he puts it, his challenge is stretching those residual checks into a lifetime stream of income. He has been lucky in that he can make money off the first series by going to show reunions across the nation. And he moved behind the scenes to a job Producing.
Acting can in reality be a string of part time jobs. And the trend now is that many shows don't produce 23 to 26 episodes a year, but only 6 to 8. So there is 75% less work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter