What is the best/worst thing about living in your home?

Best: Quiet, lots of wildlife, nice neighbors, plenty of space for our small family, near my parents and other family members, close enough to stores, but far enough away to be far from the traffic, safe.

Worst: Far from my job (thankfully can work from home now a couple days a week), little diversity and political views of many.

Best - Really close to work (although I've worked from home since March 2020), our garden is here, it's just big enough to not be too big, i don't like moving.

Worst - It's drafty (and currently -13C outside!), our township just voted to not contribute to the area library so I won't have library service starting February 1

Best - $9000 cash, it keeps the rain off me when I'm home.

Worst - It's a 1976 trailer on rented property so I can't do the things I want to do to live (grow my own food as I had for nearly 20 years.)

Best - I’m at the end of a dead end street and the east side of my house is a forest with lots of critters. I look out my front room window and watch the deer all the time - very peaceful

Worst - The stairs
I have a quad-level house and I need both knees replaced.
Until those knees get replaced, which I won’t do until DD18 graduates from college, those stairs are painful to go up and down.
Sorry about your knees. We have a 4 level house also and as we get older I think these stairs are not a good thing. It was tough when my son was young and broke his leg for him to get around for a while.

Reactions: slo

Best - It's just the right size and has exactly the rooms that we need.
Worst - It's on a fairly busy corner.

Best-it is a nice house in a nice neighborhood 14 minutes from my work that will be paid off in 3 years

Worst-2 car garage with a one car driveway and 4 drivers. I am finally at a point to be able to fix it up and supply chain issues are making it hard.

Best: I could walk to work or to the grocery store or Walmart if need be.

Worst: I live a mile from the beach in a major tourist town. I HATE the beach and the sun and the sand and the salt. I know I know, everyone says, "why do you live there then?" It's like anyone living in a podunk town that they can't get out of. Life happened to me here and I'm not rich enough to just move and start over. So as others are dreaming of living where I live, I dream of the mountains of Tennessee or North Carolina!

Best: We own it free and clear. Everyone else I know personally who owns a home has "upgraded" at least a couple times and started over on a mortgage. We decided to stay in our first home that they would all call a "starter home" and save money.

Worst: Only thing I don't love is our steep driveway.

Best: huge backyard with no one behind us except a golf course. Close to everything.
Worst: close to the hwy so can hear road noise. The house is a bit smaller than I'd like, but not much.

Best - Huge old house in Western PA, very cheap
Worst - Stairs. Bedrooms on second floor, everything else on first, laundry in basement.

Best - it's big and old
Worst - it's big and old (utility bills lol)

Best: It's the house I grew up in!
Worst: It needs some work.

Also:
Best: It has a pool!
Worst: It has a pool!

Best - love our 24’x24’ family room and our front porch and deck, and having 3 bathrooms

Worst - so big to clean

Best: ranch style so we can age in place if we want, would have to hire out the yard work (large corner lot) and laundry is in the basement but that can be changed and I won’t be doing multiple loads a day once the kids are gone. Will be paid off in 4 months. Nice yard. Mostly great neighbors that we have had the good fortune to raise our kids alongside.

Worst: kitchen is awful, it’s one of the last things we need to remodel but I never dreamed 20 years ago when we moved in that I would still be in this kitchen. We’re ready to remodel but with the price of everything right now, I’m trying to hold off.

Best - it feels like it's in the boonies without actually being way out in the boonies, nice big bedroom and my own bathroom

Worst - the oil bill! Hoo boy, the last one was a doozy! And we never put the heat above 64! We need to get MassSave in to help with that.

Best-its in the middle of nowhere
Worst-Also that its in the middle of nowhere

I love that its quiet and we have space. But I hate being so far away from things

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter