What is the best.....

My husband and I went to a combination concert - Earth, Wind and Fire with Chicago. Just a few years ago, but it was freaking amazing.

We had plans to see Billy Joel in June 2020, but, well, Covid. Sigh.

Brad Paisley, Riley Green and Chris Lane in Tinley Park Illinois, 2019. Kind of biased though since Brad Paisley did my wedding song. Felt kind of special to be dancing with my wife on a hill at a concert listening to our first dance song being performed live.

In the past, Ray Charles; in the present, the concerts put on by my granddaughter's jazz band. They're all school-age kids and so talented; my granddaughter plays first tenor sax.

I’ve seen a lot of awesome performers - Elton John, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi (3x) and many more, but the best concert for me was George Michael during his Faith tour - that was a fun and awesome concert. My runner up would be the last Bon Jovi concert at Soldier Field (Chicago)

I’ve seen a lot of awesome performers - Elton John, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi (3x) and many more, but the best concert for me was George Michael during his Faith tour - that was a fun and awesome concert. My runner up would be the last Bon Jovi concert at Soldier Field (Chicago)
Elton John, Billy Joel and Rod Stewart are all fond memories from my misspent youth - I've seen Billy Joel and Rod Stewart both each several times but I never have managed to see Elton John. :goodvibes

The best concert I've seen wasn't really a concert, it was an epic Christian music festival called Hope 150 held on Canada Day 2017 to celebrate our 150th birthday. It went non-stop for 24 hours with so many great performances and the atmosphere was glorious.

Brett Young in August 2019.

Before that was a surprise to me but Dwight Yoakum in the late 1990’s. I’d gotten the tickets free through a radio station give away. I wasn’t a huge fan. But the concert was amazing. Song after song without a lot of unnecessary chit chat.

Patti Smith Group on Mother’s Day 1979 at the Tower Theater in Philly. A local radio station broadcast the concert a few days later and I recorded it on cassette and still play it on occasion.

It’s hard to choose; I’ve been to a lot of amazing concerts. A favorite though was an Eric Church concert in SLC. His crew had the flu, so it was mainly just him and his guitar. We were right by the stage and it was a great show. He then had another concert a couple months later for free, for those who had attended, so everyone could see the full show.

Garth Brooks with my dad a few years ago. When I was learning to drive, we'd pop in a Garth Brooks tape (yep, a tape lol) and hit the roads. I had always wanted to see that concert with my dad and we missed him the first time he came to town. He returned 22 years later and we got to go. It was an amazing show.

My close second favourite was a Bryan Adams unplugged concert. It was in a smaller venue and our seats were amazing and ugh, it was just so good.

Billy Joel, the "Storm Front" tour, 1990. Myself, my sister and her best friend were all given surprise fourth-row tickets by someone who worked for the tour as we were walking down the concourse of the arena before the show. Apparently Joel was in the habit of buying up all the close seats and then giving them out to fans before the show so that scalpers would not get those seats. We originally had tickets in the upper balcony but ended up super close! And it was a fantastic show.

Last edited:
U2 on The Joshua Tree Tour in 1987. They played an absolutely blistering set, and mixed in all of their older songs. One of the ways you know U2 thinks it's a good crowd is if they play 'Party Girl'- and they did! The venue was the old JFK Stadium (where US Live Aid was played) and it was packed to the gills. My voice was gone for days afterward from screaming and singing. They played two encores, and on the second one Bruce Springsteen came out and sang 'Stand By Me' with Bono. OMG what a show, they were at the very top of their game...and as I was leaving afterwards, I found a very thick gold chain that someone had lost on the ground as I was walking up the steps to exit the stadium. I sold it for a tidy sum a few days later and recouped my ticket purchase plus some.

Wow you all have been to a lot of good concerts that were fun. I would love to see styx. I saw Rick Springfield and he danced on our table. He certainly still had a baby face even in his fiftys

We went to one of Elvis' last concerts. I won't say it was one if the best concerts I ever wen to. He was old and fat and his voice was going.

I think the best one was a Billy Joel concert on New Years Eve at the Amway Center in Orlamdo. Rod Stweart showed up as a special guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter