What is the best.....

The Dresden Dolls in 2016. It was my husband and my second date, and my adult kids went on it, too. We had all actually travelled to NYC from Oregon, just to see them. My friend who lived in NYC was supposed to go with me, but he flaked last minute, so I asked DH, who also lived in NYC (we had been communicating on OKCupid, and had gone on one date, the day before). It was a great, great date and a great concert.

The Eagles in an outdoor venue in San Bernadino or near there. There were reserved seats around the stage and then grass seats, basically bring a blanket, sit where you like, wander around. I had grass seats and it was such a great vibe hanging out with them playing.

Billy Joel, the "Storm Front" tour, 1990. Myself, my sister and her best friend were all given surprise fourth-row tickets by someone who worked for the tour as we were walking down the concourse of the arena before the show. Apparently Joel was in the habit of buying up all the close seats and then giving them out to fans before the show so that scalpers would not get those seats. We originally had tickets in the upper balcony but ended up super close! And it was a fantastic show.
Sweet!! We saw him play the Hollywood Bowl in 2014. We would have been blown away if something like that happened to us. Our seats kind of sucked but it was great anyway. :goodvibes

How about New Edition (with Bobby Brown) at Disneyland - November 24, 1984. Couldn't see much because there was a solid wall of teenage girls but it was crazy.

November+1984.jpg

Maybe not the best, but just for the entertainment value and the sheer amount of "Did that just happen?" I'd say William Hung. Seriously. I saw his first public performance, although I heard he was paid to sing at a frat house for a private event.

400px-Willhunghaas.jpg

I also went to the Warriors-Rockets game in 2004 where William Hung was the halftime entertainment.

ELO philly 1981. It was the release of the Time album and it was unbelievable.

Twisted Sister put on a great show in 1986.

My other favorite was George Winston, a new age pianist in mid-90s.

My tastes are quite varied.

KISS in 1994. They were (and still are) my all time favorite band. This was the first time that I actually to see them in person. It was at a festival, that no longer exists, in San Antonio and all tickets were general admission. I was in the very front.
My second favorite would be the second time that I saw them. It was 1996, it was the reunion tour. My seats were nowhere as good as my earlier location, and tickets were far more expensive.

Was it the tour for Come Out And Play? I would have enjoyed that show, but I never got to see them.
It was. The funny thing is, Dokken opened for them. I didn't recall who it was until I read Dee Snyder's book, "Shut Up and Give Me the Mic." To me, Dokken was completely forgettable.

I've gone to many concerts (Madonna, Grateful Dead, Foreigner, Heart, Rod Stewart, Genesis, Journey, Bryan Adams, Rick Springfield, Def Leppard, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Squier, Van Halen, Chicago, Eagles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, KC & The Sunshine Band, The Firm....and more). Best was Bruce Springsteen.

Garth Brooks Feb. 2017. We were 10th row floor, and it was amazing!!!!

Lindsey Stirling was pretty good as were Two Cellos.

Conway Twitty and Randy Travis - Valentine's Day 1988

I had just turned 13 on 2/7, so the show was a birthday present from my parents. I LOVED Conway Twitty, so I was just over the moon! I saw him again in '93, just a few months before he passed away.

Randy Travis was amazing too. He was very new, Storms of Life was his first album, and, in my opinion, his best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter