What is the best.....

David Bowie was awesome. BB King was amazing. I loved how he told stories and kept thanking his audience. He was so gracious. The most fun I've had were at Grateful Dead shows. Those were the times of my life. :flower:

Paul McCartney at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles
X celebrating Whisky a Go Go 50th Anniversary
First Lollapalooza in 1991
Foo Fighters 3 years ago at Caberet Metro - for 500 people

Woodstock 94. My parents were hippies, but they missed the original, so I talked them into taking me to that one. We rented a room at a B&B where the owner turned out to be the volunteer coordinator for the festival, so we signed up to volunteer and saved the price of tickets. Then when we showed up for our shift, there were more volunteers than needed, so they told us to go enjoy the festival. The lineup was a fantastic blend of my faves (Metallica, NIN, Violent Femmes) and my parents' faves (Joe Cocker, Allman Brothers, Bob Dylan). It poured rain and we got covered in mud. The potheads were chill, the drunks were obnoxious. There was whole little open air market full of tents where people were selling stuff, and in one of those tents was The WELL (Whole Earth 'Lectronic Link)--an internet service! Where they were letting people post about their Woodstock experiences! For free! From the middle of a muddy field! Trust me, in 94 that was freaking revolutionary.

That whole weekend was one of the last times I remember feeling like we were all in this together. About 550,000 people ranging in age from 80s down to infants, living in a mud pit, sharing all we had and enjoying this amazing experience. I miss that feeling.

U2 on The Joshua Tree Tour in 1987. They played an absolutely blistering set, and mixed in all of their older songs. One of the ways you know U2 thinks it's a good crowd is if they play 'Party Girl'- and they did! The venue was the old JFK Stadium (where US Live Aid was played) and it was packed to the gills. My voice was gone for days afterward from screaming and singing. They played two encores, and on the second one Bruce Springsteen came out and sang 'Stand By Me' with Bono. OMG what a show, they were at the very top of their game...and as I was leaving afterwards, I found a very thick gold chain that someone had lost on the ground as I was walking up the steps to exit the stadium. I sold it for a tidy sum a few days later and recouped my ticket purchase plus some.
DH & I were at the that concert too ( before we were married). Still remember Bono looking up suprised at the plane flying overhead to land at PHL.

John Denver, 1977, thought he was singing at massive stage, just a tiny salem oregon stage for nuclear energy prevention fund raiser. very inmate for the height of popularity.

donnie and marie, lol, I saw all the mega concerts of the 80,s and loved them, but this was a small venue in veags and it was comfortable you could see everyone so good, small makes much better concert in my oppion

Collective Soul at Steel Stacks in Bethlehem. It was like a personal concert with about 50 other friends.

For concert I attended, Jeff Beck in Boston's Orpheum Theatre, in 1999. Think it still holds the spot for the loudest concert I have ever been to as well.

My other best is one I was a performer in (so I guess not attended in a audience sense); when I was in high school, I performed in a regional youth orchestra, and we got to play a benefit concert where we performed Peter and the Wolf and Lincoln Portrait narrated by James Earl Jones. I still have my sheet music that I had him sign for me, it was awesome.

donnie and marie, lol, I saw all the mega concerts of the 80,s and loved them, but this was a small venue in veags and it was comfortable you could see everyone so good, small makes much better concert in my oppion
Agreed we saw Elton John at Caesars Forum in 2013. It was a great concert. Also saw Céline gig there . She was great but we weren't fans of the extra stuff . Hope to get back before Rod Stewart gives up his gig. Seen him a couple of times in Philadelphia ( old Spectrum & Wells Fargo Center ) but would love a to see him in a smaller venue.

We also had front row seats at one of Tom Jones's last visits at the small theatre at MGM. He was fantastic. If he comes back to our area we will try to get tickets.

For concert I attended, Jeff Beck in Boston's Orpheum Theatre, in 1999. Think it still holds the spot for the loudest concert I have ever been to as well.
While I've been to many loud concerts, the loudest was Jonas Brothers.

My DH got VIP tickets from one of his friends who had something come up and they couldn't go/take their kids. It was the day of the concert. Our DD wanted to go, so I called my sister (she was 18 then) since all of my DD's friends had tickets already. My 4yo niece heard us talking and she wanted to go, too. When her Mom gave permission, the 4 of us were on our way.

We had individual folding chairs for our seats in a roped off area that was just for us, so it was large enough to dance or sit without bumping into anyone. We were able to drive to the very close VIP parking lot *that was the best part*.

When the concert started, I couldn't hear the band over all of the screaming girls. However, when I'd look at my niece, she was mouthing all the words that they were singing. It was a great experience for her.

We wound up leaving before the end because DN was asleep on my shoulder. She would have made it to the end if Demi Lovato wasn't late. So, the next day, not only could I still not hear anything, I was also sore from carrying her to the car. I'd do it again, but I'd take earplugs do deaden the screaming.

Beach Boys and Chicago, I think it was 1973 in the old Chicago Stadium. The Beach Boys played first, then Chicago, and they did a full set together.

Tough choice. I've been to a lot of good shows. It would be impossible to beat Woodstock '99 on lineup and for pure fun factor, but musically, David Bowie with Nine Inch Nails is one I enjoyed so much that I bought a bootleg recording of a show from that tour.

Concert you attended ? I cant remember the year , but it was at our state fair and it was huge . We saw Cheap Trick, They were awesome and they were still full of energy...
...in 1980 I won a "mini tour" with Cheap Trick from a radio station [I was the Grand Prize winner!]. We were flown out to California and saw them in LA and then again in San Diego - all expenses paid. We were allowed backstage and took pictures with the band. It was a pretty amazing experience.

Rolling Stones, 1964 or 1965. 3,500 seat theater. People sat, not stood and danced.
...first one was 1975, right after I graduated high school. I saw them again several more times - once at Shea Stadium, which was cool - I think it was the Steel Wheels Tour in summer of 1989. Also, Voodoo Lounge Tour, Bridges to Babylon Tour, and Some Girls Tour - I think their Licks Tour was the last time I saw them in concert.

Last edited:
Queen back in 1978 :love:
...OMG, me too....saw them 3 times - he was definitely quite the showman back-in-the-day....I really liked Brian May back then....all three times were at the Garden [Madison Square Garden in NYC].

Last edited:
Beach Boys and Chicago, I think it was 1973 in the old Chicago Stadium. The Beach Boys played first, then Chicago, and they did a full set together.
...wow, both are considered 'headliners'....we saw Little River Band, Heart, and the Eagles back in 1981 at Giants' Stadium.....hot as h*ll that day.

We had plans to see Billy Joel in June 2020, but, well, Covid. Sigh.
....my girlfriends and I went to see him YEARS ago (1978 I think) and boy did he have so much energy! There were 3 different pianos on 3 different parts of a t-shaped stage and he ran from one to the other. That was one concert that, even if you weren't a Billy Joel fan, it was still a great concert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter