What is the biggest issue currently facing your street?

Same. Not driving but parking. About half the houses on my block are old enough to predate widespread auto ownership and don't have much or any off-street parking, and then the city in their infinite wisdom added a kayak launch on the river at the end of the street which has brought in a handful of extra parked cars, so finding a parking space can be a real hassle sometimes.

People that drive 40+ mph down the street, especially when there are kids playing in the street. It's a weekly occurrence where I'm almost hit by one of these crazy drivers when I'm walking my dogs or going to the mailbox. I heard buzz about the HOA in my neighborhood potentially putting up cameras so they can catch the people that do this but nothing has happened yet.

My street nothing. I live on a dirt road next to a large section of state land. The street I have to drive to get to main road has major potholes. Big enough to pop tiresxabd bend rims.

A house on my street has had a smoke detector chirping for 5 days. 5 DAYS. It is annoying when I try to sit out on my patio to relax. It seems like whoever this is left their home for an extended period of time, and left some upstairs windows open (which is really stupid during a summer drought when a wildfire can start at any time). I imagine most of my neighbors are annoyed as well.

We are getting the pipes on our street fixed, so it has been shut down for a week but the cops have yet to block all 3 entrances. We have people trying to turn on the street or getting 1/3 up the street until they realize half the road is missing.

The street itself needs major attention. Potholes and dips are a real problem.
Same. We have some nasty ones, but I'm also not looking forward to the street being closed to fix them, so I'm OK with avoiding them a little longer.

We have a really mean cat in our culdesac that tries to attack all the other cats. This cat has a good home, she is just a terrible bully.

Nothing else. Culdesac is quiet. No potholes. Nice neighbors. No speeding cars. No loud noises.

The amount of times in a day someone drives the wrong way down our street (it’s a one way) or how fast people go because there is 6 blocks before you get to a stop sign.

The street itself. Cracks and numerous patch jobs, one from where the County Garbage truck fell through the pavement and had to be towed out. Street will be 50 years old in 2025 and County's own guidelines say residential streets should be resurfaced every 25 years. They started to do that 10 years ago, marked the whole road up, then decided it didn't need it. It did. I called to complain and they did send out a supervisor from the transportation division who said their are worst streets in the county.

The road is too much of a hill and I can't ride the motorcycle to work because we are too tightly packed together and I can't turn out of my larger than 90° angle out of the driveway and throttle up the hill at 6 am.

That's about it, not much else to say, LOL.

There are a lot of dead trees near the road (we had a really bad year with gypsy moth caterpillars a few years ago) that are going to fall over eventually if they aren't removed.

The people on our street keep to themselves. Besides a wave I haven't met most of them-- don't even know their names- and we've lived here for 24 years. Some people drive too fast on our street. We have some houses that I need to mow their grass (one is my neighbor beside me) but we try not to look that way.

The 36 acres for sale behind houses on my side of the street. It's zoned commercial but is land-locked with no road access to either side so hopefully that will deter buyers. It will require an easement from the state parks dept who owns the land between it and the road to be developed. It's still a little worrisome, though.

People that drive 40+ mph down the street, especially when there are kids playing in the street. It's a weekly occurrence where I'm almost hit by one of these crazy drivers when I'm walking my dogs or going to the mailbox. I heard buzz about the HOA in my neighborhood potentially putting up cameras so they can catch the people that do this but nothing has happened yet.
Yeah, that and speeding vehicles with loud engines driving at night. I was surprised to see a cop finally pulling a sports car over on my street last week. The cop flashed his lights and didn't blast his siren, which tells me that cop deserves a donut.

I live on a corner and my priamry street is fine, but the side street is one that connects to a bit of a worse area and up to a commercial area and there are some sketchy people always walking up and down it, sometimes on bicycles, and sometimes with shopping carts, and such. There are some known drug houses a few blocks back that are a real nuissance. We had one in our neighborhood a few years back, but the neighbors rallied and got the county to shut it down. It was then heavily fixed-up and sold. One thing I love about my primary street is that it is one block, and T-boned at each end, so there is no cross-traffic at all.

My cul-de-sac is only a different transformer than the rest of the development, so when a big storm hits, we seem to be the last people to get power back.

Also, our entire development is apparently getting repaved soon, so that's cool, but a little inconvenient.

I live at the end of a street in a townhouse complex. We're off the main road so we get zero traffic noise and no one drives this far back except the people next door and delivery vans. In talking to our neighbor last week, I think our biggest issue is the huge, old trees on our street. One, in particular, has been losing branches lately when there's the slightest bit of wind. We don't get snow or huge storms in the winter, but we sometimes get some considerably windy storms that could send the weaker branches crashing to the ground. Our neighbor has approached the HOA board about the tree, so they will put it on their list of trees to be inspected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter