• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the brand/ flavor ice ceam you miss?

I don't have a Baskin Robbins near me anymore, but they had a limited release of German Chocolate Cake. I really loved that flavor.

The entire brand of Bryer's USED to be good. Now they have been bought out by Unilever who cheapened the product to where they can't even legally call is 'ice cream' anymore it's now a 'frozen dairy dessert'..............LOL.

View attachment 783164
Yes, Breyers sells frozen dairy desserts, but they still sell their normal ice cream as "Classic". They also sell "Light Ice Cream".. No clue what the source of your quote is, but it's wrong.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Breyers-...h-Pie-Cake-and-Desserts/10293735?from=/search

The entire brand of Bryer's USED to be good. Now they have been bought out by Unilever who cheapened the product to where they can't even legally call is 'ice cream' anymore it's now a 'frozen dairy dessert'..............LOL.

View attachment 783164
A handful of Breyers flavors are still ice cream, but even then they’ve cheapened those to just meet the minimum standards. About a year ago I checked in a local supermarket. Of the 25 or so flavors, only 4 or 5 were labeled ice cream. The rest were Frozen Dairy Dessert.

About 15 years ago I complained on their Consumer Relations website about their hideous Cherry Vanilla. I got a $5 coupon and a ludicrous response saying most consumers prefer the frozen dairy dessert over real ice cream.

Sure, Jan. If that was true, you’d scream FROZEN DAIRY DESSERT in big print on the carton, not attempt to camouflage it on the bottom.

A handful of Breyers flavors are still ice cream, but even then they’ve cheapened those to just meet the minimum standards. About a year ago I checked in a local supermarket. Of the 25 or so flavors, only 4 or 5 were labeled ice cream. The rest were Frozen Dairy Dessert.

About 15 years ago I complained on their Consumer Relations website about their hideous Cherry Vanilla. I got a $5 coupon and a ludicrous response saying most consumers prefer the frozen dairy dessert over real ice cream.

Sure, Jan. If that was true, you’d scream FROZEN DAIRY DESSERT in big print on the carton, not attempt to camouflage it on the bottom.
Does anyone remember the commercial when the kids could read the ice cream ingredients for Breyers but not the competitors? I don’t think the kids will be able to read the ingredients now…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter