• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the deal with Geyser Point to use QS credit?

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
Reading different reviews and reports, I am still not clear on how to use a QS credit at Geyser PoInt.
Apparently it changed from when it opened. Where do you go to order QS? Order at the bar?
I would appreciate RECENT reports of experiences.
I don't understand the online menu---is the lounge menu the TS menu, or QS?
Is the lunch & dinner menu TS or QS? Is the Grilled Portobello Salad served with warm salmon, steak, or chicken or is it all cold?
The Roasted Salmon
with warm Ancient Grains, Petit Greens, Grilled Vegetables and Lemon Vinaigrette
on the lounge menu looks good. Is that served warm or cold? Is that a TS meal, or QS meal?
Thank you.

From when we were there in April. The lounge/bar and the QS window are completely separate. If you order from the QS window you can use a QS credit, but you cannot sit in the lounge area nor at the bar, the lounge area is reserved for lounge guests and you have a server come to your table, and the bar is for bar guests to sit and eat/drink or those ordering a drink from the bar to go. The QS menu from my memory appears to be the one that says Lunch and Dinner online. You order at the QS window and then you need to find a place to eat your food, there are a couple picnic tables around or you can go to the pool or your room, etc.

I do not believe that you can use any dining plans at the bar/lounge. the lounge menu online is the one that you would order from if seated in the lounge or at the bar.

No idea about that specific dish I have never had it.

From when we were there in April. The lounge/bar and the QS window are completely separate. If you order from the QS window you can use a QS credit, but you cannot sit in the lounge area nor at the bar, the lounge area is reserved for lounge guests and you have a server come to your table, and the bar is for bar guests to sit and eat/drink or those ordering a drink from the bar to go. The QS menu from my memory appears to be the one that says Lunch and Dinner online. You order at the QS window and then you need to find a place to eat your food, there are a couple picnic tables around or you can go to the pool or your room, etc.

I do not believe that you can use any dining plans at the bar/lounge. the lounge menu online is the one that you would order from if seated in the lounge or at the bar.

No idea about that specific dish I have never had it.
Thank you. That is helpful.

I was also confused by this. Seems like it's a different answer depending on who you ask. Kind of stinks because I was really looking forward to the scenery and my husband really wanted the bison burger. Not sure it's worth the trip if we can't grab a table. Hmm now to decide what to do instead with that QS credit.

Does anyone know if you can take your QS food back to the bar area as long as you are ordering drinks??
Shoot, this was my plan, but now it doesn't sound like this is possible....

Does anyone know if you can take your QS food back to the bar area as long as you are ordering drinks??
Shoot, this was my plan, but now it doesn't sound like this is possible....

So you want to get a drink at the bar in addition to the beverage that you would get with your purchase at the QS window with your QS credit? Not really sure, the CMs are pretty clear about the lounge and bar seating not being for QS diners, but it you tell them that you want to purchase additional beverages they may seat you or allow you to sit at the bar if there is room, can't say that I have ever seen anyone doing this.

Yes, thinking that not everyone in our party would be ordering food or using the QS credit from dining plan. But will want to order from the bar 8-)

Yes, thinking that not everyone in our party would be ordering food or using the QS credit from dining plan. But will want to order from the bar 8-)

Wish I could be more helpful but I feel like this is one of those 'you don't know until you try' type things. I hope it works out for you, seems like a nice way to spend some time, we love GP!

Following! We're staying at WL in early December and are planning to use a QS credit at Geyser Point and wondering what would be included, including alcoholic drinks.

Following! We're staying at WL in early December and are planning to use a QS credit at Geyser Point and wondering what would be included, including alcoholic drinks.
My husband was able to get an alcoholic drink from geyser point and it was with the QS credit. He was really excited about it too. He said he wished I was with him because he would have been able to get 2. He brought the food back and we ate it on the chairs at the pool. It was really good.

We were there in May. Like others have said you can order quick service from side area but can’t sit in the lounge if you do. You can however sit in the lounge and have a waiter serve you. If you do this you can still use quick service but will have to pay a tip separately. Alcoholic drinks are included with quick service and they have a nice drink menu. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter