What is the extra adult charge?

The best part of all of this is that kids are not Disney adults until they hit 18. For tickets the are Guest 3-9 or Guest 10+. When we stayed at Mammoth Springs Hotel at Yellowstone, they included the extra person charge for anyone 13 and older.

Paid for an extra adult in Vegas. Paid for an extra adult in Disney. I think it's kind of standard when staying at a "resort" as opposed to a hotel.

Most hotels AND resorts anywhere will have an extra adult charge for anyone 18+ in the room, beyond the first two adults. As mentioned, its because hotels base room rates on double occupancy as a baseline. A solo traveler will pay the same as two adults, so it makes sense that a fee is imposed for anyone over two adults. Add in the fact that those other adults could book their own room, which they aren't so that means lost revenue, plus the extra wear and tear on the room and housekeeping work. Room capacity doesn't have anything to do with it.

Most hotels AND resorts anywhere will have an extra adult charge for anyone 18+ in the room, beyond the first two adults. As mentioned, its because hotels base room rates on double occupancy as a baseline. A solo traveler will pay the same as two adults, so it makes sense that a fee is imposed for anyone over two adults. Add in the fact that those other adults could book their own room, which they aren't so that means lost revenue, plus the extra wear and tear on the room and housekeeping work. Room capacity doesn't have anything to do with it.

I get that for your normal 2 Double/Queen room. I know someone said they don't charge for Family Suites at AoA/All-Stars, but does that apply to other things like Villas, etc...which are designed for larger groups? The room already costs extra, so it really wouldn't make sense to charge an extra adult fee. But, this is Disney, so you never know.

I get that for your normal 2 Double/Queen room. I know someone said they don't charge for Family Suites at AoA/All-Stars, but does that apply to other things like Villas, etc...which are designed for larger groups? The room already costs extra, so it really wouldn't make sense to charge an extra adult fee. But, this is Disney, so you never know.

No, the villas do not charge the extra person charge. Their pricing is also not based on double occupancy.

I didn't know they had an extra adult charge, learned something new today.

I didn't either. I don't think we'll be getting back down there before my oldest turns 18. For a 5 day trip if we stay deluxe that's an extra $175. Good to know. I was toying with the idea of a trip about 10 days after his birthday since the kids will have a few days off from school. Maybe I'll keep him 17 just a bit longer.:scared:

This is spot on. Not that it makes it any pleasanter to pay more for the room but it's sort of a standard in the US that hotel room rates are quoted as double occupancy. Meaning, the rate you see advertised applies to up to two persons in the room. If there are more that two persons in your party, the advertised rate no longer applies you're paying a different, higher rate.

Actually, Disney's a little better than most hotels in that the rate goes up if there are more than two adults. Many hotels bump the rate up if there are more than two persons, regardless of age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter