• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the first thing you do

ken2

Mouseketeer
What is the first thing you do when arrive in Orlando?We always arrive a day before and check into the Marriot across from downtown disney for the day.We spend a few hours at downtown disney then head back to swim for a little while.After dark we head over to the Boardwalk for dinner and entertainment,relax and people watch while going over our plans one last time.Get to bed somewhat early so we can get to the front desk of our resort first thing!This is somewhat of a tradition for us and realy gets us more excited

We check in and go straight to MK. We arrive fairly early. We are usually in the park by 11 am.

Head to a park right after check in to a ready room at Kidani Dec 13th it was Epcot since it was at night and our party night wasn't until Tues. Had some dinner and desserts at the bakery in France and set off to see all the decorations. Slept in and the next AM and headed to a pretty much deserted MK considering the crowds 10 days later. What a wonderful holiday trip it was.

Well, on past trips it has always been check in, get to my room, quickly regroup and head to Epcot for something to eat. Airline schedules have always had me arriving at the resort sometime between 2 & 3 pm.

Now for my next trip, the airline schedules are totally messed up and unless I want to be up at like 2 am on my travel day (not gonna happen), I probably won't be to POFQ until 5 pm. So I think that instead of a park that day, I'm going to look for a last minute ADR at Boatwright's when I get there and take the boat up to Riverside for a relaxing dinner.

I know I could still go to Epcot for a few hours, but the difference between a 6-day hopper and 5-days-for-the-price-of-4 hopper on UT with Mousesavers discount is about $24, and I know I won't want to stay out very late on my travel day.

We try to always get the earliest flight out to make the most of the day so we will normally check in and go for a nice relaxing afternoon swim to refresh and the MK by late afternoon. Seeing that castle is a must do to remind us we are back home!!

We generally arrive late afternoon. Very first thing upon check in and unpacking in the room? Check with Stacey to see what's new and happening! It's like a family tradition :)

After that, we like to explore the resort, have a light dinner, and relax in a quiet area talking about our plans. Nice way to transition and get mentally prepared for the hustle and bustle of the parks over the next days.

Last trip we went directly to MK to catch the fireworks... but this time our flight doesn't get in until 7:45pm so we are just going to go and check in to our hotel and get a good sleep for our 8am adr at CP. But MK is always first.

We always stay off site, rental house with pool. Typically, we book a later flight so the kids don't miss too many days of school (we go during February school vacation, but skip out a little early). This year our flight arrives at 9pm, we'll get rental car and head to the house. I may dump off the luggage and go straight to buy groceries for the week or, maybe relax by the pool for a bit and head to the store super early in the a.m. Either way, we'll be at rope drop (MK) the next morning, ready to go! We usually never go to a park on our first day/night. Can't wait!

We usually arrive around noon after our short 3 hour drive from home. We check in and spend the afternoon at the resort and Downtown Disney having dinner somewhere there. We get to bed early because we almost always start the first full day with an early breakfast at the Crystal Palace in MK.

This year we're having dinner at the Spirit of Aloha luau the night we arrive. We plan on doing DisneyQuest that afternoon; DS wants to try Virtual Space Mountain.

Martin

We stay off site and usually get to MCO about 3pm. We get our hire car and make our way to the villa. By the time we have gone to get some groceries and had something to eat, jetlag creeps up and we have an early-ish night. We usually are up by about 5am in the morning (jetlag again to thank for that) and head to MK for opening.

We are making it a minor tradition (we hardly go often enough to be a real tradition) of checking in and heading to DD. We have a later ADR somewhere in DD and then head back to the resort to hopefully turn in early. Usually I'm so amped that I can't get to sleep for a while!

the last few trips we arrive in the evening so after checking in and taking the bags to the room we go eat dinner and then a early bed to wake up early the next day ready to hit the parks

get earliest flight we can and get to Orlando about noon... check in to hotel and head right to a MK. Lunch at Cosmic Rays and then dinner at Chef Mickeys :thumbsup2

We have long travel days - usually up by 4 am to catch a 6 am flight and don't arrive at MCO until 4 or 5 pm. By the time we check in at the resort we have a quick supper there and then head to bed!

This summer we plan on arriving in Orlando around noon or 1:00, and hopefully checking in a little early at POP and getting our car unpacked, as well as our things situated in the room. The plan is to rest for a couple of hours before heading to the MK around 5:00 to eat at Columbia Harbour House, hit up a few attractions, and see the parade/fireworks.

Our last trip we arrived in the early afternoon, and I regretted not going ahead and doing a park day for the evening.

we drop off our stuff in our room at POR and then take a bus to someplace where we can catch the monorail and do the circuit. Later we take the boat from POR to DTD and do a little shopping and eating

I always stop in the food court at MCO on the way in to pick up some nibbles that we don't have in Seattle (and I'm usually starving after that plane trip, too). Then it's on to MX and off to the resort. I tend to arrive afternoon-evening-ish, so after getting settled in I'll go explore the area and have a drink or two. When I stayed at BLT that meant going up to TOTW and/or doing the monorail pub crawl. This time it will be AKL, and I'm being joined by one of my best friends who's a) a photographer (non-pro, but very serious amateur) and b) never been to WDW before, so we'll be exploring all the nooks and crannies at Jambo House (with a stop at Victoria Falls :drinking1). Then it will be a reasonable bedtime so we can be up early to start on the parks!

We drive and arrive very early in the morning. Check into our resort, drop off our bags if our room happens to be ready, grab breakfast in the food court, and get to a park in time for opening...usually AK or Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter