What is the funniest thing you've experienced on a ride at Disney World

Who is George?:confused3

George is (or was) the imagineer who was building POTC. Rumer was he got killed on the ride (lovers fight) before it ever opened and now he haunts the ride. If the CMs don't say "Good morning" when they get there in the morning, he will cause the ride to stop all day long. Or, if you call out his name loudly, the ride will stop.

George is (or was) the imagineer who was building POTC. Rumer was he got killed on the ride (lovers fight) before it ever opened and now he haunts the ride. If the CMs don't say "Good morning" when they get there in the morning, he will cause the ride to stop all day long. Or, if you call out his name loudly, the ride will stop.

People must say it alot because even after refurbishment there has never been a time that I have been to WDW that POTC hasnt had major technical difficulties!:thumbsup2 It seems the ride is shut down more than its operating.

My DH and I decided to make HM our last ride of the night during MNSSHP. There is literally NO ONE else in the stretching room so DH and I had it pretty much to ourselves, except for one CM. Now being slightly giddy I decide to bait this CM by starting a staring contest. Those CM's are SO into their characters at the HM, especially during MNSSHP, there was no way I was going to win. So I lose and the pre-show starts. The lights come back on and I look around for the ride entrance only to find the CM two inches from me. :scared1: Needless to say I screamed and DH will never let me live it down!! :sad2:

Splash Mountain ate my mother's hat!!!!!!:lmao:

We decided to go on Splash together as dh had already gone home (ds and I stayed an extra week at their house in Orlando) and dsd has back problems. He stayed at that little playground in Frontierland watching ds play. So we got in line, and kept discussing whether to take off our hats. We really couldn't decide. We saw so many people coming back in their logs with hats intact, so we finally decided to keep them on. We get on the ride. Everything's peachy. Drop comes. Picture flashes. MOM'S HAT FLIES OFF HER HEAD!!!!!! Mine stayed put. The guy behind us tries to grab it, but is unsuccessful. It's gone! We tell an employee when we get off, and she directs us to the photo counter. We see the picture--hat is there--the last moment of her hat's life was literally captured on film.:lmao: She is told they clean the filters daily and to check at Guest Relations in a day or two. She did keep checking back but it was never found, or at least never turned in. It was a very nice leather Mickey hat. She half believes a CM stole it because it was so cool.:rotfl: I think it was probably destroyed by the ride. We may never know!:confused3

We were on our 1st trip to WDW. DD was 5 and it was the week before thanksgiving and the place was dead. Almost no kids at all.

She's miss brave at this time and want to go on ToT. We're walking up and she's having 2nd thoughts but goes anyway. she was the only kid on the ride. All the adults were talking with her telling her how brave she was and the such.

Yes, she screammed most of the ride. We get off and one of the folks with us asked her if she wanted to do it again. It was a very loud NO! :eek: The look on her face when she said it was comical. Most of us got a chuckle out of it.

It took 9 years to get her to go back on ToT again.

1) Two years ago we were there in mid Sept and it was pretty much dead so we boarded POTC but waited a minute to try and fill the boat. On the boat was a couple in their 30's. During the wait the man was telling his (I assume) wife that there is a big drop ahead. She started getting really worried. Then the CM from the other queue started agreeing with the husband and told her there is a 60 ft drop ahead and she had better hang on. Just then the boat filled up and off we went. We go down the drop and you hear the woman scream bloody murder. Then all you hear is "WHAT?! THAT WAS IT?! YOU.....". In the end she was fine and laughed at herself.

2) That same trip we decided to ride HM. Once in the stretching room we realized it was just us, two teen girls, and 2 or 3 other people...so pretty much empty. We happened to be standing near the two girls, who stood facing each other. During the whole spiel we noticed the CM was standing closely behind one of the girls (her back was to him) just staring at the back of her head. When the lights turned back on the girl that could see the CM over her friend just stood there shocked with her mouth open. So the other girl turned around, knocked into the CM, and screamed like I've never heard before. The CM never even jumped. And to be honost, it was hilarious.

I think the funniest thing was when we took our younger daughter, then aged 13, on Splash Mountain in 2005. You've got to understand, she's the biggest ham, and loves doing accents (not to offend anyone; she's just a big goofball). This particular trip, it was a German accent, and she spent pretty much the entire ride loudly exclaiming, "Oh, my GOD!" and "Look at THAT!" and babbling other things. Good thing the other couple in the log with us didn't mind, and we pretty much spent the entire ride cracking up at her.

On our trip in two weeks, she wants to do Borat's accent. I can imagine the looks we'll get with that one! :rotfl2:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
This is a two for one special. DW and I are riding the HM. We enter the first room, and are standing very close to the wall facing the center of the room. As the floor lowers (or ceiling rises), DW is looking up at the paintings along with everyone else. Out of the corner of my eye I spot the CM moving around the room along the wall and he has his eye on DW. He walks up to her and stops inches from her and just stares at her. She is still just looking up at the paintings completely unaware of the CM staring ever so goulishly at her. Finally after about 20-30 seconds she looks over and is eye to eye with the CM, and lets out a shriek, half the people around her jump. I just start laughing.

So now as we get onto the ride there is another CM walking on the people mover as we are loading into the cars. The CM is staring out of the corner of her eye at DW as we walk past. DW notices her and is freaked out. We get into the car and she asks "Why are they after me?" I am still laughing.

Now we get off the ride as we head towards the end of the people mover a CM is standing at the end. He appears to be paying no attention to us. Just as we pass him he turns to my wife and yells "Boo!!". DW screams and jumps. She is so mad, and again I am laughing!
:lmao:
My DH and I decided to make HM our last ride of the night during MNSSHP. There is literally NO ONE else in the stretching room so DH and I had it pretty much to ourselves, except for one CM. Now being slightly giddy I decide to bait this CM by starting a staring contest. Those CM's are SO into their characters at the HM, especially during MNSSHP, there was no way I was going to win. So I lose and the pre-show starts. The lights come back on and I look around for the ride entrance only to find the CM two inches from me. :scared1: Needless to say I screamed and DH will never let me live it down!! :sad2:
:lmao:
2) That same trip we decided to ride HM. Once in the stretching room we realized it was just us, two teen girls, and 2 or 3 other people...so pretty much empty. We happened to be standing near the two girls, who stood facing each other. During the whole spiel we noticed the CM was standing closely behind one of the girls (her back was to him) just staring at the back of her head. When the lights turned back on the girl that could see the CM over her friend just stood there shocked with her mouth open. So the other girl turned around, knocked into the CM, and screamed like I've never heard before. The CM never even jumped. And to be honost, it was hilarious.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter