What is the furthest you have ever moved home ?

If I'm understanding your question, which I take as what is the farthest move you've made from one place you lived to another new home?
If that's correct, our last move which was 938 miles according to Google maps.
It was completely worth it.

Last edited:
Northern Virginia to Dallas, TX. (And back). The first one, nope not worth it at all. Very, very glad I moved back. (Almost, a little bit further out from DC now).

Ottawa, ON to Victoria, BC. Approximately 4,400km. (2,735 miles) Moved here in 1992 and it was the best decision of my life.

Ottawa, ON to Victoria, BC. Approximately 4,400km. (2,735 miles) Moved here in 1992 and it was the best decision of my life.
Love Victoria!!

For me WA to AZ......1400 miles.
We like it, but we liked there too......just different

When I was in the military, Rhode Island to Puerto Rico, about 1600 miles in distance but at that time of year, about 60 degrees' difference in the daily high temperature. :)

I’ve only moved once and that was when I got married at 19 and moved out over 40 years ago. A whole 4 miles away.

Only to here in South Jersey from Philadelphia in 2008. It wasn't worth it mentally at the time, because I had no other options but to come here and I was very depressed at moving from a big city to a small and I do mean small suburb. Now I would say I'm content to be here.

Never lived more than 6 miles from where I live right now. Never had a reason to. House one from birth to age 3. Second home age 3 to 24. Third home age 24 to age 25. Current home age 25 to today. I'm 65.

25 miles to the country away from the town I grew up in and where I worked. Made that town only a work destination and put me near smaller much more pleasant areas to do my shopping and other stuff.

Now I'm stuck back here again.

Moved to Vietnam in 1969 from Vermont for a year.... Definitely NOT worth it. :flower3:

Moved from Vermont to North Carolina in 2011.... Absolutely worth it. 8-)

Moved from St. Paul, MN to Shanghai, China. Yeah, it was worth it. But glad we moved back, eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter