• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the "if you spend $50 or more" special?

IndayMichelle

Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn
In most of the shops at DLR they have that deal if you spend a certain amount you can get this fabulous _fill_in_the_blank_ for only $XX more. What is it right now?

It changes so quickly and it can be different in different places. In December we got a watch in the PPH gift shop, a blanket from the big store in DL and something else from inside the Grand. And if they run out of one, they just start a new one. Today's special might not be tomorrow's special.

Last week it was a duffle bag for $? if you spent $20 or more or a Castle fleece blanket for $? if you spent $30 or more, I believe. I want to say the prices of these two items were between $14.95-$19.95, but since I didn't buy either, I am not 100% sure.

IIRC, if you spend $50 or more in any Disney resort gift shop and pay with the Disney Visa, you get a 10% discount. That's a nice bonus! :D

Thank you everyone! It was the blanket and watch on my last trip. I was just wondering if it changed.

I have observed that the bonus gifts are different in the park and at the hotel gift shops and WOD. And they do change quite often.

So you spend so much in the store and they offer you something else?

They don't offer a free item, but they have other things you can only purchase after spending a certain amount. In the cooler months they usually have blankets and a tote or something. In the summer I've seen beach towels and soft sided coolers.

I have four blankets I've gotten for maybe $15 dollars each? It's usually a good value.

I have observed that the bonus gifts are different in the park and at the hotel gift shops and WOD. And they do change quite often.

When I was there in January it was the same blanket and watch at the parks, WoD and hotels. Maybe it's when they're bringing out a new product?

They also seem to have the same promo items at DLR AND WDW. I went to both in the same month once and they had the same blanket at both parks as their promo item.

When we went last summer we got the backpack...and we love it. Hoping for another great buy in October.

Another thing I've noticed with the purchase-with-purchase items, is they can range in price at different locations. In December we stayed at the Grand Californian and they had the duffle bag for purchase at the gift shop for $19.95 and a couple of hours later we saw the same duffle bag for purchase at one of the stores at DCA for $16.95. :confused3 Not sure why they would do this.

When I was there from Feb 13th to Feb 19th, the promotion item was either a Mickey Mouse watch or a Disneyland duffle bag, for 17.99$ if you spent 50$. They were okay but not worth it in my opinion.

Aby

I for one feel the quality of the "special" discounted item if you spend over $50 is really decreased. Several years ago we got a light blue blanket and we seriously love this super soft blanket! So the next year, it was another blanket and we jumped at it because the 1st one was so awesome! This one is a crappy, super think fleece blanket. SO not worth the $17.99 IMO. I'm not sure we will do the discounted, special item again.

We were just there and the discounted item was a fleece blanket with a picture of the castle on it. I also believe I saw a tote bag that was discounted as well.

I was there over the weekend and like others mentioned, it was the watch, tote and blanket on promo right now. I have the tote and blanket and like both items, knew I would never wear the watch so I didn't bother.

i thought the items changed a little more frequently. These are the same items that were on promo when I visited in November. They were the same in the DLH as well. Maybe they'll change before summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter