What is the Issue with Studio's????

You'll only know what you like when you've actually had the chance to stay there. I'm not studio material, I don't sleep much, I like to walk around, watch TV, whatever, so I would just disturb 3 others in a room. I also like for everyone to have a comfortable bed, and a certain level of privacy that is not afforded in a studio setting. As a 13 year DVC owner, we enjoy the resort, the villa, and spend more time there, plus cooking relaxes me, even on vacation so a 2 bd is what works the best. Maybe in the future that will change and that's the beauty of DVC, you can pick whatever accommodations you want, given that you have enough points!

Different strokes for different folks but you can't make a true assessment of what will work for you, till you've tried it!

Room size isn't first on our list, but straight up comparison we like 1BR or larger as many on here.

If we plan badly-we will take a studio (or 2 or 3) at our preferred DVC resorts over 1BR or 2BR at DVC resorts not on our list, if that's whats available. For DVC we have only been staying at BCV/BWV and BLT. Maybe VGF one day-especially if they get that bridge. The rest not interested regardless of room size and availability.

We love having the 1bedroom, however we would stay in studios to get more weeks. Now flights cost so much we cut back to less weeks and 1 bedroom. I wish flights were cheap again! It is all personal preference.

This is what we used to do. We could easily get in 2,3,4 trips in a studio over long weekends but now airfare is so much we're down to once twice a year and happy to use all our points .

We bought with the intention of mixing up studios and 1 br. Now, we kind of feel like studio's fit us just fine. We are simple people, and our kids are young. Don't really want to cook on vacation....and the little things we do (sandwiches, mac n cheese, etc) can all be done in a studio. If there wasn't a microwave, we'd be in trouble. Right now, we have the time to travel, and I get double the time in a studio vs a 1 br. As the kids get older, I'm sure we won't be able to travel as much with their schedules (as I watch my friends with older kids....always busy). That's when we can splurge on the 1br.....and when they are grown....back to studio's for just the wife and I.

The laundry thing is definitely awesome in a 1 br....especially if you are staying for more than 4-5 days. But if you are staying that long....it's easy to get a laundry/relax day in at the pool and such as you aren't cramming the parks in 24/7 for a stay that long. Right now, we are in a can't ever get enough phase, our kids never have had a problem sleeping in the same room as us. Our friends.....They d 1br because they can't sleep in the same room as their kids. For the future, if we ever go at the same time, we'll get a 2br lockoff for less points than a 1br and studio.....and split the points usage 2/3 to 1/3. Either transfer them or they transfer to us for the booking. This way it saves us both points. :thumbsup2

We prefer the 1-bedrooms because dh and I are on different schedules. He's an early riser, and I do mean early (3-4am) and I'm a night person so it just makes it much easier for us. Also, we usually work half days in our rooms so we each have laptops set up, sometimes a printer...the extra room in a 1-bedroom really helps with that.

I'm with you OP, we only have one child and *gasp* we stay in value studios! Oh the horror! ;) We both don't need a lot of space or a full kitchen and we rather have more nights to stay with the studio points savings. We grew up so poor and never staying anywhere that wasn't dumpy for so long that we feel like the studios alone are a treat!

I'm with you OP, we only have one child and *gasp* we stay in value studios! Oh the horror! ;) We both don't need a lot of space or a full kitchen and we rather have more nights to stay with the studio points savings. We grew up so poor and never staying anywhere that wasn't dumpy for so long that we feel like the studios alone are a treat!

Exactly! I'm all about more nights and more trips, so our plan was to stick with the Studios. Plus, if you tour a VGF Studio, I would not call that a 'typcial hotel room' by any means! We started our stays at WDW in the Pop Century Resort--moved up to POR and the likes--then got spoiled at BC. This was the next logical step if we wanted to continue staying at Deluxe-level resorts.

I'm the opposite. We bought enough for a 1br during peak time assuming we'd only go when the kids are out of school. Instead, the kids are young and most of our time is spent at parks or the pool so it's mostly studio stays for us. I've booked 1br a few times but still usually book studios. I assume it'll change in a few years when they're a little older (currently 5 and 7) but for now I usually have points to bank or rent out.

We typically travel 2 adults & 1 child. We don't cook. The studio works well for us & the points savings (for more trips) is even better!

Agreed. It's DH, dd who is 3 and myself. We stay in studios and it's great. Yes we've stayed in 1 bdrms before. They are nice but we don't need the space or full kitchen. I can make breakfast just fine in the studio and we eat cs lunch and Ts dinner. We got every six months for 10-15 nights per trip. We like going on more frequent and longer trips.

We have been doing the studios for years-- I have two boys, they are 10 and 13.. We've had no problem .We just came back from an 8 night trip. I do not enjoy cooking--- we use the kitchenette for snacks and breakfast, and it has suited us really well. The washer and dryer would be great though, but I've used the main laundry and that is fine. I will tell you, we do plan to add on in two years, because I think by the time my oldest is 16, he and his brother may outgrow the pull out, and I would like to have a 2bedroom. But, now we are fine. I do think it's better than a regular hotel room--- the fridge is bigger, and we stock it well. I really like the kitchenette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter