What is the last repair you've had done to your home?

New HVAC. I guess I can't complain as I had the old one installed 31 years before. Although my parents HVAC system was 53 years old when I sold their house, and the flipper that remodeled it and resold it did NOT replace the HVAC.

My husband does all the repairs. We’ve never in over 40 years had to call someone for repairs and our house is almost 200 years old. I think the last actual repair he did was on the foundation last year.

Heat pump to replace the god-awful old oil heat.
And insulation/venting in the attic (thanks to Mass Save, that part was really cheap).

Not a repair, per se, but had to get the coastal redwood trees in the backyard trimmed. They are around 60 years old and very tall.

New roof. Had a major hail storm in the fall and most of the houses in the neighborhood needed new roofs. Luckily insurance paid most of the bill. Last roof was $6000 in 2006. This roof was $19,000.

Not to the house but had a repair person in for our stove we bought a year ago. Couldn’t fix it so got money back this week good thing we got extended warranty.

LG doesn’t put a bottom element in this model so couldn’t bake anything properly. I hate appliance shopping.

One of our cast-iron sewer pipes in the basement split last year and we had to have it replaced. It took out two bathrooms during the repair. Thankfully, the third bathroom and the kitchen were on the other sewer pipe.

Although it doesn't need it just yet, the roof will need attention in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter