• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the longest queue you have ever been part of?

Actual queue: About 4.5 hours for Eclipse doughnuts at Krispy Kreme in Charleston the day of the 2017 solar eclipse.
Sort-of queues (tied):

1. 10 hours for rush tickets to the touring company of Rent in New Orleans. Arrived outside the theater about 8am to find maybe 20 people ahead of us. Camped out on the sidewalk all day as the line grew behind us. Bought our rush tickets at 6pm, went home to shower and change, and came back to the theater. What an experience! The rush seats were way down front, in front of the super-pricey orchestra seats. Worth every moment.
2. Technically 15 hours for the last ever Bill and Ted show at Halloween Horror Nights, but with a break in the middle. Arrived at the park just after 9am and created our own line with a few other people. As the crowd swelled, we were moved all over the park by various guest services and security teams. They finally started handing out wristbands for the show around park opening for the event (5pm-ish). With wristbands firmly attached we were free to walk around, which we did for awhile, but in order to get good seats were back in line by about 10pm. Show was at 12:30am. Again, worth every moment!!

Almost 2 hours in the chilly mid-April drizzle to ride the cable cars in San Francisco. It's an iconic attraction, they said, you can't visit SF and not do it, they said, you'll LOVE it, they said. Seriously? After lurching violently up and down hill squashed in like sardines while the conductor spewed profanity at drivers and pedestrians, I felt like we'd been punked. We bailed off early and walked back to Fisherman's Wharf. :sad2:

TSA security line at MCO (Orlando) Airport, January 2004. 2 hours. It was after a Disney cruise, and Disney got us to the airport almost 2 1/2 hours before our flight, our airline had us checked in with boarding passes 2 hours and 15 minutes before flight time. Almost missed our flight, walked right on after clearing securtiy. In TSAs defense, they had only been at it about a year, so it was all still new.

Probably buying books in college. We used to wait 3-4 hours to get to the front. This was before the internet and competitive bookstores, when our ONLY choice was to buy at the college bookstore. As a result, EVERYONE was in line to buy.

Three and a half hours to ride the Mean Streak roller coaster when it first opened at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. Hot day, very uncomfortable.

Oddly enough I remember standing in line but I don't remember the ride itself!

March 4, 1995. Opening day for Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland.

Six hours, twenty-four minutes.

Me too! I couldn’t tell you how long is was. I just know we waited outside before the park opened, then on Main Street for rope drop, and then everyone on Main Street was pretty much the line for Indy! LOL

Me too! I couldn’t tell you how long is was. I just know we waited outside before the park opened, then on Main Street for rope drop, and then everyone on Main Street was pretty much the line for Indy! LOL
We got there just at park open and went over to Carnation (remember than place?) for breakfast. As we were finishing we noticed the line was a little over half way down main street. We paid the check and got in line which was at Town Square by that point. My friend started the timer on his watch. The line wound around the hub twice, then into Fantasyland then switchbacks in Frontierland then into Adventureland.

We were there for one thing and everyone was in a good mood so it was great fun.

I’ve waited over night for a couple concerts back on the day but other then that, I grew up being used to about 2 hour waits for Cedar Point rides. 2 1/2 might be the longest I waited though

We used to wait 2-3 hours for coasters at CP all the time. We waited 2 hours and 45 minutes to ride Toy Story the year it opened. We were almost to the ride when a CM told us about the disability pass and stroller as a wheelchair sticker. I had no idea that they had accommodations for autism until then. Would've been nice to have known about it before we got in line. My 4 year old was heavy lol.

Back in the 80s when my friends and I would go to Great America we would wait a ridiculously long time for certain roller coasters. I‘m not sure how we did it without cell phones - LOL!

I waited overnight at a Circuit City to purchase a Nintendo Wii on the day it came out (ended up sleeping in the hatchback of my mom's car for a few hours, but mostly sitting outside). Longest ride line was 3.5 hours to ride the Batman Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure soon after it opened. At the time the dangling feet style coasters were brand new so it was worth it (despite summer heat and boring line queue with no cell phones in the 90s).

About 2 hours to vote in the last 2 Presidential elections. First time on ROTR was about 2 hours because the ride broke.

6am to 11am in the que at Wimbledon for grounds tickets in July of 2018. For 25 pounds (about $33) we saw Sam Query, John Isner (eventual semi-finalist), Madison Keys and Coco Vandeweigh all play on court 3. We saw Martina Navritalova and Boris Becker being interviewed from 5 feet away. Saw other matches also on other courts. We also managed to snag 2 center court tickets for under $100 each and shared them amongst the five of us. Our sons saw Roger Federer and our daughter and I saw Carolina Wozniacki.

Later in the week we waited 3 hours for afternoon session tickets at 18 pounds each and saw Sloan Stephens, Jack Sock, Jennifer Brady and others play.

Can't wait to be able to do it again.

Early 90's we went to Universal on a trip to WDW. Back to the Future ride had just opened and we waited over two hours for it.

Almost 2 hours in the chilly mid-April drizzle to ride the cable cars in San Francisco. It's an iconic attraction, they said, you can't visit SF and not do it, they said, you'll LOVE it, they said. Seriously? After lurching violently up and down hill squashed in like sardines while the conductor spewed profanity at drivers and pedestrians, I felt like we'd been punked. We bailed off early and walked back to Fisherman's Wharf. :sad2:

The cable cars are vastly overrated, but a conductor spewing profanities sounds like a fun ride. :teeth:

I prefer the MUNI Metro or regular busses while in SF. Cable cars are a tourist trap.

What campground?

I'm in BC and was booking campsites in Alberta, specifically Banff and Jasper.

I finally got to the front of the queue at 3:20pm so it was almost 6 1/2 hours...and I have to do it all again on April 23rd when I want to book a site in Yoho National Park here in BC. (AB books 90 days out, BC is 2 months)

I suppose you can call this a queue. One time we were changing planes at MSP during snowy weather. After departing the gate the plane was in line for takeoff about two hours before it had to go get de-iced. That took about 45 minutes then we waited in line for another 45 minutes before finally taking off.

All this on top of an original three hour delay for boarding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter