What is the longest you have gone without sleep?

I would say 36+ hours. I was up early the day Hurricane Irma was due to come through, the storm hit that night, so I was up all night, and then we had clean up to do the next day, so I didn’t get to bed until after dark.

Just after college before getting a "real" job, I told my manager to put me on the night shift in the grocery store because I'll probably have trouble with public customers from now on.

It was customary for me to get home at 8:30, catch an hour of sleep at around 9 then another nap at 10 to get back up at 11 to get ready to be in at midnight again.

I couldn't do that now, but was a piece of cake at 21-22 years old every day.

2 nights and 3 full days - at an event my husband's company was staffing. Someone walked off night shift both nights and then - when I thought I was going to get to sleep after the second night - an employee went into labor at her post. Someone asked how I was doing it and I told them "caffeine, adrenaline, and spite."

36....maybe a bit more.
Getting to my father in another state who was in a serious car accident

Four days while my Mom was dying. I stayed up holding her hand and talking to her, even after she became comatose. I was surrounded by family and of course my sister, who were all urging me to get some rest, but I couldn't.

About 24 hours, maybe 25 hours - I take my high school seniors to Grad Bash at Universal. I get up at 5:30am for a normal school day, teach, and then at 3pm we board charter buses for Orlando. We get to Universal at about 7pm, spend all night at the parks, then head back home around 2am. We get back to school around 6am; I usually get home around 7 or 7:30 and sleep till lunch. It is misery. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter