What is the maximum time you'd queue for?

Depends on the ride and how long I will be there, but I won't go more than 30 minutes for a ride. It's going to be hard to do anything at DHS this trip with a 2 PM arrival and pretty long lines. Maybe, I see more shows there than I ever have.

30-45 on average. But I did wait 2 hours for TSMM in 2010 - it was our last day, we didn't get there early enough to get fastpasses and my boys were desperate to ride it. Since we messed up by not getting there early enough, we sucked it up for their sake. I will never do it again.

I like to plan A LOT because i'm not willing to wait at all. the longest on our last trip in June was 15 min.

30 minutes, but I would do 45 if it was a ride that we just HAD to ride. Honestly, with a good touring plan we have never waited more than 25 minutes.

30-45 minutes maximum. But I did wait with my daughter last November for 2 hours to see Rapunzel and Flynn at the Christmas party and it was worth it. It was her favorite part of the trip. Oh and when Anna and Elsa were still at Epcot we wait 1 hour and 45 minutes to see them. My boys would never wait for anything that long, my daughter though has her priorities and I'll cater to them while the boys head off and do rides with dad.

In general, 45 minutes is about the max I will knowingly get in line for. Maybe an hour for something I really like if there's no fastpasses left and everything else has a long wait. Back in about 1993, I waited over 2 hours in pouring rain for Splash Mountain. It was summer and it was the first summer the ride was open (think it had opened the previous fall). Back then, they needed every bit of that queuing that now sits empty most of the time. I can't think of anything I would wait in line for 2 hours for now. For new, popular stuff, it's either fastpass, single rider line (if available), or try again next time.

I'm just curious about different people's opinions. My friend said 30 mins is her max. I think I'd wait up to 45 minutes and with a careful touring plan, hope not to queue much more than that. It's my first time in WDW though, so I might not have reasonable expectations. I am going from 20th to 27th May.
Typically, 20 minutes, but we will wait up to 40 for a headliner.

Typically 30 minutes, but looking at the recent crowds, I'm afraid we might be waiting a bit longer for some rides.

At our local park it is fairly normal to wait over an hour for the bigger rides if you go on a weekend, which is when I've normally gone.

It was actually surprising to me when I started reading on the DIS that people would refuse to wait over 30 minutes a lot of the time.

It really depends on the ride. Between FP, rope drop, and less crowded EMHs it doesn't seem like there are a lot of instances outside of peak times/holidays where it would really be necessary to wait over 30 minutes. If I really wanted to ride something, an hour seems reasonable enough, but it would have to be a situation where we would not have the opportunity to ride it later with a shorter line, or we would just really have to want to ride it and have nothing better to do than wait.

I like having a plan, so such circumstances wouldn't arise to beging with, lol.

So 20-30 mins as a general guideline but we're flexible if there's a really good reason to wait. The longest I've waited at Disney is 45 for A&E during EMH. With young kids it's hard to push it. Now Great America is a different story because waiting is unavoidable unless you are willing to pay a lot of money which is why we don't go very often despite being 45 mins away.

30 minutes, less for something like Ariel's grotto when it is 90 degrees outside. it was miserable in there.

To us, it doesn't really matter - we use the time to talk and laugh and we keep a mad libs book in our bag and do some while waiting. We have even had little kids and adults throw words our - makes a fun little activity that others get involved in as well

I think it really just depends on the person/family

I would probably queue 45 mins for a ride if I knew I wouldn't be able to get a fastpass for it that day. I queued more than 2 hours for forbidden journey at IOA back when I first went but I was so excited I didn't care about queueing.

It really depends on the situation for us. If we are there for multiple days I would say 30-45 minutes tops and that would be for the rides I really like. However, if we are there for a shorter period like last Spring Break we had one day in each park, so we used our fast passes and still had to wait on some of the favorite rides for up to 2 hours. Did not like waiting that long, but it was that or not ride at all, so we waited.

20 probably, but sometimes really don't mind longer if it means not just wondering around trying to find a shorter line if that makes sense.
And it depends on the ride, day, what else I could do in that time, weather....I've waited a good hour+ for Soarin' in stanby because it was cold and the queue was warm, but then I've also been stuck in FP for an hour thinking it would be less. I waited for Darth Vader during Star Wars weekends once for over an hour but then that was my priority then and 45 min for Boba Fett who wasn't even out yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter