What is the minimum time allowed between ADR and FP?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
If my breakfast reservation is 10:00, what is the earliest time the computer will allow a FP to be made without the warning that I already have another event scheduled?

An adr and FP don't affect each other. The system will prompt you that you have an ADR scheduled for 10am, but you could make a FP for 10am as well if you wanted to

OK good to know. When that warning comes up, I've assumed that the system would block me from making a FP if my ADR was in the same time frame.

I have had overlapping FP windows and ADR's before. Usually it's because I am making the ADR about halfway through the FP window because I plan to use the FP as soon as I can. I've never had an issue with it in MDE.

As far as what is practical, I usually allow at least an hour from my ADR start time before scheduling a FP after the meal. You need to allow enough time to eat, plus a little extra time in case you aren't seated right away. Most of our TS meals (unless I'm dining solo, where I have a little more control) take between 60 and 90 minutes, including the wait to be seated. At some of the more popular dining spots, you could wait 15-20 minutes or more after your ADR time to be seated. You could try scheduling the FP a half hour after your ADR time, but if you get delayed at the restaurant you might find yourself running to make your FP window.

I had a FP that started 35 minutes after an ADR recently. I pushed it back to 45 minutes just to be safe, but the system didn't stop me from making it that way. Personally, I aim to get to my FP late in the window, but not miss it, so I'm not waiting around forever for my 2nd FastPass window to open. I also try when possible to make the 1st FastPass of the day or after an ADR my 3rd favorite of my 3 FastPasses so it is less of an issue if I miss it for some reason.

Yeah, the system will not stop you. We have a 12:20 Talking Mickey FP and booked Tony's for lunch at 11:45 to get the VIP seating for the parade. System never flagged it.

Here's a scenario I often do for MK, FPs scheduled at 10, 11, and 12.
  • 10 am: Big Thunder, Splash or Haunted Mansion (don't tap in until at least 10:30).
  • 11 am: Seven Dwarves Mine Train (tap in right on time or a little after)
  • 11:30ish: Be Our Guest Lunch (be sure to pre-order)
  • 12 pm: Space Mountain (tap in toward end of window)
Because Be Our Guest lunch is quick serve and we preorder, there isn't much delay in getting our food and eating it. But we don't have any issues with eating, resting for a few minutes, then moving along. No little ones to wrangle and such. I think people see the beginning of the window as the time they have to be there. Remember you have an hour to tap in, and once tapped in you're good. There is a grace period after, but I wouldn't count totally on it in all cases. The only thing I would not do is try to show up at a headliner more than 5 minutes early. That just holds up the line and the CM can tell you to wait.

Quick Service lunch at BOG is going to be pretty fast but that totally different situation from a table service ADR where you may have to wait to get seated, order your food, get food, eat food, wait for bill, pay bill. You don’t want to have a FoP FP at 10:30 AM with an 10AM Tusker House ADR and end up trying to run from Africa to Pandora to make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter