• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most expensive bill you remember getting at a restaurant?

I want to say $250 for 11 of us at an Italian place. We went for my son's birthday before hitting the aquarium. It was right before Covid, so totally worth it.

Took 20 something kids to California Grill for my daughters 16th. Don’t remember what it cost but I’m sure it was dear.

Typically we don’t eat at overly expensive places.

Well, my son's wedding rehearsal dinner tab came to over $2,000 before tip.

On a smaller scale, our 35th Wedding Anniversary dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse in Epcot came to $250 before tip.

Just a dinner - most expensive for our family of 5 was $500 at latitudes in Key West. Totally worth it for the sunset alone.

We have had more expensive ones with extended family - so a larger number of diners.

I've seen some pretty high ones paid for by others, but that was for a large group.

I'm not really one for high-end dining. I think the most I've ever personally paid was $160, but that included a mandatory service charge in lieu of a tip. It was just our family of three celebrating a special occasion.

I've only eaten out alone so I'm pretty sure the most would still have been less than $100. I don't splurge much so it's probably closer to $50 or so tops.

One of those calabash buffet in Myrtle Beach. $125 for 4 of us. My youngest was learning money in school so she was very interested in the restaurant bills any time we went out to eat. Her eyes almost came out of the socket when she saw it. At that time in Myrtle Beach, we've always gone for the best food over price and it was difficult for the 4 of us to get an over $50 bill for 3 seafood dinners and her chicken tenders for comparison to what $125 was at the time for a restaurant.

Now today I'm close with 4 of us at home going to regular restaurants, but not quite that much over $100 yet.

And now that little wide eyed innocent little princess staring at that number on the receipt I just dropped off for 2nd semester at a $200,000 college majoring in mathematics that she figured out how to pay for about 95% all on her own without either monetary or intellectual help from mom and dad. (sorry, I don't have many people around me that I can brag about my baby girl to, :teeth: )

$836 for four people at Michael Jordan’s in Chicago. We sat at Table 23 (MJ’s table) and had a special menu. We were celebrating my son’s 30th birthday. It was fun.

Last edited:
Probably $300+ at Trader Sam's for two people. That did include a bunch of mugs, but we also realized later that they didn't actually change us for all our drinks.

I don't remember the exact amount but it was well over $200. It was at Fulton's in Downtown Disney. My sister and I had been upgraded to the plan where you got so many credits per night good for either food or souveniers. It was n the early 2000's. It was my sister and I and our, first time at Fulton's when our waiter found out we were on the dining plan he offered to take care of us . Boy did he, we couldn't finish half of what he brought us. I remember calamari, steak, crab, lobster, some type of potato, dessert and a drink. This was back when gratuity was included so he was padding his tip. It was good but we left so much food. We never let a server choose for us again!

$500 at Gary Danko's. I enjoyed my $150 2021 birthday at the California Grill far far more (Back when there was a traditional menu). Much more than three times the enjoyment for less than a third of the cost! Live and learn.

Now that I think of it, once a group from work went to a buffet place and everyone chipped in with cash but someone had to pay. I pulled out my credit card and collected the cash (minus whatever tips were left). Might have been over $250, but it was essentially an interest free loan for me.

I want to say $250 for 11 of us at an Italian place. We went for my son's birthday before hitting the aquarium. It was right before Covid, so totally worth it.
$250 for 11 people almost seems like the answer to the exact opposite question, haha.

I don’t remember exactly but I know there was a comma, which made me 😳. So I guess around $1,000, eek. A restaurant in New York called Per Se.

Reactions: shh
For our fam of 7 all of our bills are high (especially at Disney) BoG and CRT were both around $500 on our most recent trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter