What is the most famous TV show/Film filmed in your area?

The Jackie Gleason Show, The Ed Sullivan Show, Miami Vice, CSI Miami...and too many movies to count.

So many shows/movies were filmed in our general area (the Hudson Valley). Netflix actually used our house for a series a few years ago called the OA. Not a big hit but Netflix was generous and took good care of our house. We got to live in a hotel for 5 weeks!

MJ

Quite a few. The first one that popped into my head is a helicopter scene from San Andreas, because everyone was in a panic with these helicopters flying all over until it was released they were filming.

Partial list of movies filmed in Miami:

Moonlight.
Marley and Me.
Miami Vice - yeah, they made a movie too.
Any Given Sunday - my SIL's sound crew got an Academy Award nomination for this one but got beat out by one of the Lord of the Rings movies.
There’s Something About Mary
The Bird Cage
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Scarface

Also, all of the Bad Boys movies

Last edited:

I live in the Vancouver area which is also known as Hollywood North so tons are filmed here. You pass filming signs wherever you go. They are always filming close to my work and have even filmed at my kids high school.

Some I can think are XFiles ( early seasons) Riverdale, Once Upon a Time, Deadpool, Supernatural, The Flash.....etc.

I don't know how big this movie ended up being because it's totally not my genre but some of the newest Ghost Busters was filmed in a school literally right across the street from my house. It was really interesting to see the crew and their equipment roll in at 8:00 am, dominate the entire street all day and then roll out again before midnight like it never even happened.

I live in the Vancouver area which is also known as Hollywood North so tons are filmed here. You pass filming signs wherever you go. They are always filming close to my work and have even filmed at my kids high school.

Some I can think are XFiles ( early seasons) Riverdale, Once Upon a Time, Deadpool, Supernatural, The Flash.....etc.
We did a Disney cruise out of Vancouver and the guy who played Grumpy was on our flight back to LAX. I loved Vancouver, btw. We stayed a couple extra days to see a few sights.

Nowhere was full-on filmed here. Just parts and clips.

I Dream of Genie
Apollo 13
Men in Black 3

Neighbours - it’s an Australian soap opera popular here and in the UK. The street used for ‘Ramsay Street’ is less than 10 minutes away, as is the studio where they film interior shots. They’ve also filmed quite a lot at the local shopping centre (I used to work there and would have lots of cast members come in, including one who I became very friendly with), the school up the road and even did some scenes in my street several years ago. They actually have a tour bus that you see around the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter