What is the most food you have ever dropped on the floor?

I was taking my baked mac and cheese to a potluck and dropped it when I was opening my car's door.

I took a picture of it, cleaned it up and went to the party. I showed everyone that I had good intentions, but poor delivery.

When I was about 13 I carried a whole watermelon from the car into the kitchen. I got about an inch from the table before I dropped it onto the floor. The rind only broke into two pieces but the fruit and seeds scattered everywhere.

My mom was not pleased.

I just got done cleaning up my entire lunch of leftover honey chicken and rice off the floor. Not sure if that’s the largest amount but it sure made the biggest mess I can remember. That honey sauce went everywhere.

My son recently dropped a box of mini pasta shells on the floor. They literally went EVERYWHERE. It was like a pasta bomb went off. We are still finding pieces of pasta in random places. We have a large, open floor plan downstairs so the kitchen feeds into the dining room and living room.

I don’t think I ever drop anything much in the house but just recently I dropped a gallon of milk getting it out of the car. Unfortunately I did the same thing again not long after. Can’t believe I did that twice. Of course the container burst both times.

A pizza. I looked forward to eating it all week, took it out the oven and dropped it with the cheese side on the floor. I ate a can of tomato soup afterwards. I was very sad, so went out to eat pizza with my co workers the next day.

I don’t think I ever drop anything much in the house but just recently I dropped a gallon of milk getting it out of the car. Unfortunately I did the same thing again not long after. Can’t believe I did that twice. Of course the container burst both times.
Speaking of milk jugs...

Years ago, a friend of mine told me the story about her DH being t-boned by a train on his way home. He went to cross the tracks where there was no arm or lights. The train didn't have a light on, either. When the train hit is car (it was going slow, but still, it was a train hitting a car) his groceries went everywhere and the milk jug exploded. When he wiped his forehead and saw white, he thought it was brain matter until he figured out that he wasn't cut.

DH busted a bag FULL of turkey brine all over kitchen floors about midnight
I said Don’t do it that way but no one listens to me - oh what a mess !!! No you can’t pick those bags up with the 20 pound turkey in them !! Jeez he now buys better bags too !! Haa haa
I spilled about 30 pounds of Cat food all over the place - I thought the lid was sealed on the container - guess what ? It wasn’t !!! That stuff went everywhere !! But at least it’s not greasy like turkey brine !!

I dropped an entire huge hot pot of spaghetti sauce loaded with meatballs in the kitchen of the Mummers' Club where we were having my niece's college graduation party. Meatballs and red sauce everywhere and me with 1st and a few 2nd degree burns on my legs. Everyone felt bad because all I could do was cry because I was so embarrassed. I didn't even notice the burns until I got home that night and found the blisters. My sister's sister-in-law kindly helped me clean it all up while my sister was out tending to the party. It took over an hour; there were splatters on the walls, on all the appliances, the floor (OMG the floor.) The guy running the bar felt so terrible for me that he got my address from my sister and sent me flowers the next day.

My wife dropped the meatless stuffing on the floor one Thanksgiving. The stuffing with giblets in it was fine. But my non-meat eating daughter and daughter in law had to do without stuffing.

not food, but a pitcher of lemonade......what a sticky mess. Had to mop several times t get the sticky off the floor

I was a waitress in High School. I stepped on a wet spot on the floor, my feet went out from under me and 3 plates of spaghetti, a cod dinner, and a burger and fries went flying through the air and crashed in the aisle between tables--thankfully no one got burned but a few people wore a bit of food and I wore a lot.

I once dropped a large cookie sheet filled with deviled eggs; had to re-make them all over again. Another time, I was carrying three dozen eggs in from the car, tripped, and dropped the eggs; almost every one broke. I obviously should not be handling eggs.

I dropped a dessert in a 9x13 pan that I was bringing to an event. It was a glass dish which shattered on our tile floor. Thankfully, it wasn't the only dessert coming so it wasn't as sad as it could have been.

A slice of pizza is as far as I go, but my aunt was making a pumpkin pie from scratch one year and flipped the whole thing over when putting it in a hot oven. That was a mess to clean up, as the liquid filling burned instantly all over the inside of the oven.

Not exactly food, but I worked in the dining hall of a conference center when I was in college - another girl and I were pushing a tall baker's rack full of glasses of ice - probably 300 glasses. We hit a bump in the floor and the whole thing went down, broken glass and ice EVERYWHERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter