• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most freakish accident you have seen or experienced?

A garbage truck knocked a large heavy branch from a tree and it crashed right through my windshield while I was driving. Honestly lucky a broken windshield was all that happened.

I climbed over a chain-link fence and got caught up on the top while going over, tearing my rotator cuff.

April 27, 2020 at 1:25AM on a bicycle ride and got hit by a Wild Hog -- but wait there's more -- July 26, 2022 at 3:04AM on a bicycle ride and got hit by another Wild Hog.

I came out of the subway station and saw a lady run over by a city bus (deceased). She was under the tires :sad1:

It wasn't me, I wasn't there, but my niece was teaching English to young monks in India. One day while walking down the road, a hang glider landed on her! She shattered her elbow from the impact.

In high school at a church retreat some young ladies were practicing their cheerleading. They were doing a pyramid when the one at the top fell and broke her fall with her arm. I had never seen an arm bend that way before.

Can imagine that it was scary to see. I've seen a car accident once i really want to forget about.
We also had a horrible accident at work once but i was luck not to around and see what exactly happen there.
For all the others who are involved in a heavy machinery, here is a great resource https://www.machineryaccident.com/waco-texas/ if you need to sick for justice and protect your safety.

Last edited:
My sister, when about 5 years old, was running around our house and crashed into the ironing board which had wire hangers on it. One of the hangers hooked into the inside corner of her eye. Luckily she was fine with no damage but my mom was freaking out. She was able to pull it out and then brought her to the doctor.

Oddly, my 2 most freakish things have happened on the Indiana turnpike. Tractor trailer jackknifed not too far in front of me once, another time a couple of tires that must have come from a truck going the other way were bouncing along our side of the highway.

Sadly I was reminded how dangerous this could be as a friend and her DH were driving in Pittsburgh several years ago, and a truck lost 2 tires. Her DH was killed and she was seriously injured. Really sad day.

Kinda my own fault. I knew I had a nut allergy from an early age, but decided to "just eat one", as it can't do all that bad right? WRONG. Ended up in hospital on oxygen and a drip for days.

I saw a crazy accident on the highway once. A truck had pulled off the right side of the highway. Out of nowhere he just puts his truck in reverse and starts driving backwards across the lanes of traffic perpendicular to the vehicles driving. Of course he smashed into another car which went flipping. It happened right in front of me, like if I had been driving a little bit faster it would have been me he hit. Several of us stopped and ran to the victim who was very stunned, though didn’t appear to be seriously injured. We all ignored the truck guy, who knows what was going on with him to do such a crazy thing. It was literally like he did it on purpose just to hit someone. The police showed up quickly and we all told them what happened. Truck guy just stayed in his truck. I left soon after talking to the police and I never heard anymore about it.

I was 15 and driving my dad's brand-new Saab (with his permission). The adult licensed driver with me was a bit useless, to say the least. Anyway, it was late at night and there were no streetlights on that stretch. Without ever seeing it, I hit a board in the middle of the road at about 60mph. The car started fishtailing and I couldn't regain control. Crossed the street and down the 4-foot embankment. Uprooted a small tree while still in midair, landed in the middle of a bunch of trees. Spun around a couple of times, bounced off some more trees, and finally stopped with the driver's door against a tree and the headlights pointing straight up. My passenger wasn't wearing his seatbelt, and he was thrown from the car.

I crawled out the sunroof, which had popped open, and tried to get my bearings. All of a sudden I saw a bright white light and heard a voice, "Walk toward the light." Naturally I panicked, thinking I was dead. Fortunately it turned out to be the guy who lived across the street, holding a flashlight to light my path!

I was fine, just some scratches and bruises. My passenger was fine as well, they kept him overnight for observation, but he had no major injuries. The car was totaled. The paramedics said it was the first time they had seen an accident that bad where someone wasn't killed, or at the very least seriously injured.

on a mountain pass-a moving van (semi size truck) that had a hole on 2 sides b/c a car had become airborne and gone THROUGH it. looking down the mountain side it was littered with all kinds of furniture, boxes...

driving home in slowish traffice (thankfully) and the car in front of me was hauling a boat on a trailer. the trailer seemed to be kind of fish-tailing so decided to keep a bit larger distance between my car and it. good thing i did b/c when the speed picked up and the car ahead of me picked up speed the speed boat came sliding OFF the trailer and bouncing on the freeway in front of me. luckily everyone driving was able to avoid hitting it/being hit by it. some years later we were driving in a high speed area (permitted 80 mph) and i saw a truck pulling a trailer with some large items on it-i asked dh (who was driving) to please slow down and let us get some extra distance between us. good thing we did b/c about 5 miles later we come around a blind corner to find the truck off the side of the road and the driver frantically trying to remove from one of the lanes a massive gas bbq that had rolled off the trailer o_O

Wow, this is a really depressing thread.
Totally sad and trying to (not) imagine some of the things that are being described here is bad enough, let alone having actually experienced them. :sad1: Mine is a little different and blessedly, nobody at all was harmed, except maybe in the pocketbook when the insurance deductibles came due. ;)

I was at an intersection here in my city a few years ago and pulled up behind a commercial vehicle with a cherry picker fully extended. It struck me as weird that the vehicle was being driven with it in that position but before I could puzzle over it too much, the light changed. Instinctively I stayed well back, and watched as the thing crashed into at least 6 street lights, taking them right out with debris flying, before the driver realized what was happening. The unit looked something like this:
1694960069276.png

Since my husband covers breaking news from a helicopter he has a birdseye view of some bad and freak accidents.

There was a sedan vs. dump truck that was so bad, it took 8 sheets to cover up the scene so that viewers wouldn't see the wreckage of the bodies.

There was a car that drove straight into a tree at very high speed and split the car partly.

The one that hit close to home was a flight instructor who got killed while getting out of the plane as he was trying to let someone know there was something happening with their own. He slipped and went into the blades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter