What is the most painful non life threatening injury/illness you have ever had?

My right ovary deciding to implode. Wasn’t diagnosed properly, hospital just guessed that it was kidney stones and sent me home with oxytocin. Two weeks later when I went in for a tubal ligation my gynaecologist found it dying and removed it.

Gastritis.

Every 10-15 minutes, for 72hrs, it felt like someone was twisting my guts.

Kidney stones were worse than childbirth without meds. And I didn’t have a bundle of joy to take home afterward—just a little dried-up gray pea looking thing.
My mom told me the same thing. She said she would rather give birth than have a kidney stone again. I’ve had them multiple times, luckily only a couple of times I was in extreme pain. I finally learned my lesson and drink a bunch of water now, so (knocks on wood) haven’t had one in many years.

Kidney stones,dislocated shoulder,c-section.However,recovering from hemorroid surgery was absolutely awful-not the surgery itself,but "using" the area afterward.Felt like ****ing knives.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance which is not always a good thing, what stands out most in my mind is when I had ovarian cysts, especially when they burst - ouch. I had my daughter naturally and the cyst rupturing was worse.

Spiral meningitis. In my hospital room, they shut off every light possible, and drew the curtains. It was still too bright for me to open my eyes. My head hurt so badly that I literally prayed to die.

Shingles was a close second.

Recovering from an infection after a laminectomy for my back and then recovering from a double back fusion. I also almost passed out from the pain after breaking my ulna in my arm.

However, I would much rather suffer from really bad acute pain than ever go through the long-term chronic pain I suffered with for my lower back. I'm so thankful that the chronic pain went away a couple of years ago.

Osteoarthritis in both knees. Didn’t fully comprehend the pain i was living in until after I had knee replacements and was pain free. My whole demeanor changed for the better!!

Shingles...on my head, face and in my eye, before antiviral meds were a thing. I was only 10.

I got lucky. I was in my 30s when I had Shingles on my face and in my eye. I thought one of my dogs had given me poison ivy and kept treating it with calamine lotion. I went on vacation and came back about a week later and finally went to my GP. I kept saying poison ivy is not supposed to hurt. She took one look at me and said I had Shingles and sent me to the Eye Dr.

Childbirth, 4 times. The epidurals took forever to kick in, and there were problems getting each one administered.

2 things for me. I had a couple of ovarian cysts burst and filled my abdomen with blood. I had to have emergency surgery to get cleaned out. The second was that I had an ablation that I was awake for. But the pain meds they gave me didn't work so I was in horrible pain for a couple of hours until the other pain meds were "out of my system" so that I can take something else. It felt like I was being burned alive from the inside, which is exactly what they do, they flush scalding water in your uterus to burn out the lining.

I had an eye infection , really painful
Not quite what was mentioned, but a bone marrow biopsy done in the doctors office. I honestly thought I would pass out from the pain! Had two kids with absolutely no pain meds, and honestly it was a walk in the park comparatively.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter