• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most quirky thing you like to do in your home?

I pretty much refuse to wear real clothes in the house - I will basically wear sweats, pajamas, or whatever I am sleeping in. I want to be comfortable! I will only wear like jeans or something if I know I am going back out again soon or if there are people over (and that depends on who if I would actually dress for them). I won't keep my shoes on either, though I don't have a rule about not allowing shoes in the house - I just don't want them on.

Last edited:

I pretty much refuse to wear real clothes in the house - I will basically wear sweats, pajamas, or whatever I am sleeping in. I want to be comfortable! I will only wear like jeans or something if I kno wI am going abck out again soon or if there are people over (and that depends on who if I would actually dress for them). I won't keep my shoes on either, though I don't have a rule about not allowing shoes in the house - I just don't want them on.
Ummm, that's weird? Haha, because same.

I pretty much refuse to wear real clothes in the house - I will basically wear sweats, pajamas, or whatever I am sleeping in. I want to be comfortable! I will only wear like jeans or something if I kno wI am going abck out again soon or if there are people over (and that depends on who if I would actually dress for them). I won't keep my shoes on either, though I don't have a rule about not allowing shoes in the house - I just don't want them on.
We are the same! We call this CPT at our house, Comfy Pants Time.

You wear sweats and pajamas in the house? I don't even go that far. Walk in the door, drop the shorts/pants and that's it. Skivvies FTW.

Issue is, I went out to the shed, pulled the mower out, got my gas can (on the front porch), filled with gas, grabbed the pull string to start it and... oops! I gotta run in and put pants on! :rotfl2:

You wear sweats and pajamas in the house? I don't even go that far. Walk in the door, drop the shorts/pants and that's it. Skivvies FTW.

Issue is, I went out to the shed, pulled the mower out, got my gas can (on the front porch), filled with gas, grabbed the pull string to start it and... oops! I gotta run in and put pants on! :rotfl2:

In the summer it's like cotton shorts, but in the winter, long pajama pants.

In the summer it's like cotton shorts, but in the winter, long pajama pants.
Oh, winter? Yeah, I put on a pair of shorts to go out and shovel my driveway.

Actually, it's more I'm getting home from work in a pair of shorts (it's 85° in the winter at work, I don't understand the folks now wearing long pants, long sleeves, flannels, and hats when it's still 85 in the plant...) I get home and the shovel is right there so I just clear the driveway in the shorts I had on at work.

Doesn't everyone do this?

My dad often wears jeans at home. We've gotten him sweats and pajama pants, but he doesn't want to wear them. :confused3
Especially since the pandemic, I just don't have much tolerance for "hard pants" outside of work.

Excluding old people. My dad wears slacks, a belt, dress loafers and a button down shirt AT MINIMUM around the house. He can only be seen in pajamas in the wee morning hours while he drinks coffee. He's 75.

My dad often wears jeans at home. We've gotten him sweats and pajama pants, but he doesn't want to wear them. :confused3
Especially since the pandemic, I just don't have much tolerance for "hard pants" outside of work.

Yeah, I know people who get up and get dressed, even if they aren't going anywhere. They wear their "day clothes" all day regardless. I don't know why though.

Last edited:
Doesn't everyone do this?
Nope - not everyone. I loathe changing clothes so whatever I wear to work is how I’m dressed until bedtime. For a slack day at home I’ve got a single pair of denim capris that I wear winter-or-summer, with either a tank or a tank and fleece hoodie, depending on the season. I don’t own sweats or pajama pants and my “sleepwear”isn’t appropriate outside the bedroom.

micro fleece is one of mankind's greatest inventions. that there are lounging pants in decor to celebrate every season/holiday is a testament to its suitability for any occasion. i LOVE this time of year when there are sales abounding (30 minutes to prime sale :teeth: ) on comfy, cozy clothing.

I've never heard the term "day clothes" but yeah, I get dressed in actual clothing that is not pajamas every day! My work environment is actually very casual, so most days jeans or khakis & a sweater or sweatshirt is fine. I don't generally allow leggings in the office though, outside of that I don't have any hard & fast rules. Luckily everyone knows how to dress themselves for a office environment, even if it is "casual". I wouldn't consider wearing pajamas all day as quirky...I can't think of anything quirky we do that is out of the ordinary. I guess we are boring!

(I can't bring myself to be outside in pajamas, so in the warmer weather months I won't change until bed. Once the time changes in November I do admit that it is nice to get cozy and in pajamas with a fire going when it's dark outside by 5!)

I pretty much refuse to wear real clothes in the house - I will basically wear sweats, pajamas, or whatever I am sleeping in. I want to be comfortable! I will only wear like jeans or something if I know I am going back out again soon or if there are people over (and that depends on who if I would actually dress for them). I won't keep my shoes on either, though I don't have a rule about not allowing shoes in the house - I just don't want them on.

Heck yeah to comfy clothes! Even when it’s -40C outside, I will still be rocking a pair of shorts inside. I’m not trying to impress anyone because it’s just me and my husband and he already likes what he sees lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter