What is the nearest grocery store to SSR??

kddlm

DIS Veteran
Can anyone please tell me the nearest grocery store to SSR and about how far is it??? Arriving on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

::MickeyMo Gooding's is less than a mile away, but it is expensive. I go to Winn Dixie which is maybe two miles away.

Goodings has ridiculous prices.

I would say that most items are double what you should be paying.

Last trip we made the mistake of going there and half way through the store I almost decided to leave the whole buggy behind but timing issues made we keep going.

My advise...Don't go to Goodings!!!

Winn Dixie had the best prices. I got a card (just take a couple of minutes to sign up) and the prices were as cheap as at home I thought.

we went to Winn-Dixie from SSR. It was very close. I avoided Goodings. I don't think it's like Wegman's (I'm from NJ); I get the impression it's just a reg. grocery store with high prices.

With Winn Dixie going bankrupt.....is this store still open?

If this is the one I'm thinking of (turn left at CrossRoads, and about a mile or so down on the right), I've shopped there many times, and we have been very happy with it. There are better options than Winn Dixie at home...but none better (near WDW) that I've seen.

kddlm - Thanks for asking this. I'm also arriving at SSR on Saturday and will need to be picking a few things up for the week. Is there a Publix near by?

Love Wegmans!!!

kab407 said:
kddlm - Thanks for asking this. I'm also arriving at SSR on Saturday and will need to be picking a few things up for the week. Is there a Publix near by?

Love Wegmans!!!

I love Wegmans too! I know that we went to a really nice Publix last year when we stayed at CBR that wasn't too far, but I could get lost in a paper bag so I'm unsure exactly how to get there. Anyone?????? It was in a big shopping center and we passed some outlet stores along the way.

Winn Dixie. Go to the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard (you'll be at a WDW entrance gate), take a left onto that main road, about 5-10 minutes down on the right is Winn Dixie.

Goodings will be right across the street from that WDW entrance gate, but they are quite expensive.

kddlm said:
Is Goodings like the equivelent to a Wegmans?

While nothing is equivalent to a Wegmans :) Goodings does not even come close. It's just price gouges strictly for convenience.

Sorry to say but the Winn Dixie is closed. There is a Publix, Walmart, and Sams, on 192.

Can someone tell me where Rte 192 is and how far these stores are? We'll be at OKW in November, and although we usually stop at Albertson's on the way, this time we're thinking of going straight to OKW first to check in, then goin to a market.

The Publix is behind the Premium Outlet Mall. From Hotel Resorts Blvd, turn right across from Crossroads (535), then left at the next light (Vineland). Go straight for about a mile, past the Outlets, the Publix is in the back. I heard there is a new Super Walmart if you keep going straight on 535, also another Publix on 535 near 192.

Just back from SSR. We went to the super walmart, but personally, I would have just preferred to go another mile up the road to the Publix. The Super Walmart was quite limited with the brands they carry, not to mention was a MADHOUSE! Prices were good for the stuff we got, but would have liked more of a selection with cold cut brands, fresh baked goods, etc....... Stay away from the Goodings at Crossroads! Sooo overpriced it is ridiculous! Travel the few extra miles (if that!).....it'll be worth it!

Hope this helps!

The Winn Dixie on Apopka Vineland Road was still open as of this weekend. I'm pretty sure that is the one most are referring to. It is about a mile North of Goodings on the right just after an ABC store. There was another Goodings and I believe another Winn Dixie further North and both of those did close a few years back. They were at Sand Lake Road and Apopka Vineland.

192 is an East-West road at the the South end of WDW property, Simba's Mom. Years ago, that was the road we all used to enter WDW property. But from OKW, I think Winn Dixie is closer. However, I've never tried the Publix that Debbie referred to. I did go to the Publix off of 192 this weekend though. Nice bright store and far superior to the Albertson's at Orange Blossom at least in terms of ambience. That Albertson's was depressing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter