What is the oldest item of clothing you still wear?

Many t-shirts which are 30+ years old....from my road racing days mainly, although with a few concert tshirts in the mix. Since I lost 40+ pounds, and am down to a weight I last was decades ago they actually fit again. My "prize" possession is an ORIGINAL t-shirt from the Born in the USA Springsteen tour in 1984. My daughter saw it and was like "I totally would wear that." Uh. Never. You'll pry that thing off my cold dead body. So, other than t-shirts, I'd say the oldest thing I wear is a sweater I bought at a second hand store in the late 1970's. I have no idea how old it might be...but it wasn't new when I got it. Paid 10 cents for it. :-)

I’ve got some old T-shirts I still wear from my college days in the late 90s. Still have my doc martens too.

I have a pair of Converse All-Stars that I got in 1975. Still have 'em. Still wear 'em.

Not sure if it counts, but... When my grandfather died in 1988 (at the age of 96) I got all his neckties. I still wear several of them dating back to the 1940. I wish I could wear his dinner jacket with a date of 1923 on the manufactures label. But he was 6'5" and I'm 5'8"

Could a tailor fit it for you?

Some Tee shirts from employers are at least 40 years old.

Some of my dress shirts are probably close to 40 years old. I think I have 4 and since I only wear a suit once or twice in a typical year so I bet none of them has been worn more than 10 times. I've probably had 4 suits in that time as their style goes out of fashion. The shirts underneath never go out of fashion.

Most of my clothes. But I bought a pretty embroidered sweatshirt in Victoria, BC about 27 years ago and it still looks very nice and I wear it when it gets cold. I have some t-shirts from our first trips to WDW in 1997 and 1998 that I wear. More likely the question is what is the newest item of clothing you have (I bought some shorts about six months ago).

I have a real rabbit fur coat from my grandmother, I never wear it for obvious reasons, but as I know the coat meant a lot to her I can't throw it out.

The one thing I do wear is a skirt from my mom from the early eighties. It's a denim skirt in a cut you do not see anymore. It fits and suits me well. So keeping this!

The t shirt I’m wearing now is from a barenaked ladies show in 98 or 99. I’ll never get rid of it.

A leather jacket that my wife (then my girlfriend) bought me in 1991. Still going strong and fortunately still fits!

Yoga pants from 20 years ago. I distinctly remember rolling the waistband over my belly while I was pregnant with my now almost adult son. They've lost their shape and stretched out a bit over the years but luckily my behind has done that as well :)

Could a tailor fit it for you?
I've never asked. I might give it a try. He was a big man - broad shoulders, barrel chest, long arms. The jacket is huge on me. But I'd love to be able to wear a jacket from the 1920's.

I still wear my KISS concert t-shirt from their initial reunion tour in 1996. It's really looking its age, but I love it. I also have a t-shirt from their KISS convention in 95 that is in pristine condition. I think I have worn it 2-3 times. I has the f-word in capital letters so I don't think it's appropriate to wear in public.

I know I have older stuff in my closet and dresser, but it never gets worn.

My daughter has been wearing my “souvenir t-shirt” that I bought when I visited Bass Lake about 25 yrs ago. I rarely wore it, since it was a souvenir so it’s still like new. My husband is still wearing a t-shirt that he wore when we were dating over 20 years ago (based on old photos) and it is definitely not like new, lol.

The t shirt I’m wearing now is from a barenaked ladies show in 98 or 99. I’ll never get rid of it.

Ha! I'm currently wearing last year's Last Summer on Earth shirt, and my Lost Summer pack just shipped today lol

My oldest would probably be a pair of Doc Martens from Jr. High.. so like 25 years ago. I still wear them.

Ha! I'm currently wearing last year's Last Summer on Earth shirt, and my Lost Summer pack just shipped today lol

My oldest would probably be a pair of Doc Martens from Jr. High.. so like 25 years ago. I still wear them.
So bummed that all shows are canceled this year! Here’s to last summer on earth 2021

A t-shirt from the middle school play I was in (The Wizard of Oz) and a marching band t-shirt from 9th grade. I sleep in them still. I'm 45. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter