What is the one thing disneyworld would never sell?

As he served all his buddies and corporate sponsors alcohol in his private apartment. 🤣

no idea what he did in his private apartment but the 'red wagon inn' where he hosted had a private entrance and alcohol was available to walt's private guests.
Club 33 in Disneyland has always sold alcohol. And of course your can get beer and wine in California Adventure.

california adventure didn't open until 2001. club 33 didn't open until 1967, 6 months AFTER walt disney's death. for the vast majority of adult of drinking age visitors to disneyland prior to 2001 the only means to have an 'adult beverage' was to hop on the monorail in tomorrow land and ride to the bar just outside it's then exit adjacent to the disneyland hotel bar.

Walt Disney was a businessman. He wasn't opposed to working with anyone. Pepsi was a day one sponsor at Disneyland, but so was Coca-Cola.

TMS-456t.jpg

And the original It's a Small World was mentioned.

1180w-600h_TDID-worlds-fair.jpg
Disney/Pepsi’s It’s A Small World was one of the few attractions at the NY Worlds Fair that wasn’t included in the admission price. I think it cost about a dollar, and all proceeds were donated to UNICEF.

The three other Disney attractions were free: Carousel of Progress (General Electric’s Progressland), Ford, with a ride thru prehistoric times (dinosaurs) in a new Ford convertible, and State of Illinois with an animated Abraham Lincoln.

Disney/Pepsi’s It’s A Small World was one of the few attractions at the NY Worlds Fair that wasn’t included in the admission price. I think it cost about a dollar, and all proceeds were donated to UNICEF.

The three other Disney attractions were free: Carousel of Progress (General Electric’s Progressland), Ford, with a ride thru prehistoric times (dinosaurs) in a new Ford convertible, and State of Illinois with an animated Abraham Lincoln.

The Dinosaurs from the Ford ride were also relocated to Disneyland as the Primordial World diorama seen on the Disneyland Railroad. Walt was very smart to know that he could repurpose all of these attractions as permanent installations at Disneyland. CoP was eventually moved to WDW, though the building still stands at DL.

We were in Denver when the restaurant industry still had remaining quarantine restrictions and many were closed. I looked on the internet for a good Sunday morning brunch and we drove to a good prospect. Parked the car and got into a long line on the sidewalk. After about 15 minutes a women approached and said they wouldnt let my 9 year old daughters in. I said-the restaurant doesn't have a family section? She responded-this isn't a line for a restaurant. This is a line for the weed dispensary. We laughed and it turned out the restaurant was closed and so we continued our search.

I will go with the aforementioned type of dispensary.

no idea what he did in his private apartment but the 'red wagon inn' where he hosted had a private entrance and alcohol was available to walt's private guests.

california adventure didn't open until 2001. club 33 didn't open until 1967, 6 months AFTER walt disney's death. for the vast majority of adult of drinking age visitors to disneyland prior to 2001 the only means to have an 'adult beverage' was to hop on the monorail in tomorrow land and ride to the bar just outside it's then exit adjacent to the disneyland hotel bar.
LOL. Or go to a Grad Nite. Not sure they still do those. LOTS of booze, kids used to go into the park early and hide their it.

LOL. Or go to a Grad Nite. Not sure they still do those. LOTS of booze, kids used to go into the park early and hide their it.

i didn't go to the one for my senior year but know that a couple of people from my high school got caught w/alcohol by the 'disney cops'-they were held until the adult chaperones from the school could be located at which time the chaperones had to take turns providing them full time supervision OUTSIDE the park in the school bus until the bus left the property after the event ended.

I saw one of these at a thrift store once.
To Infinity and beyond!

s-l500.jpg

Edit: And yes this was a legit kid's toy, but gosh golly.

i didn't go to the one for my senior year but know that a couple of people from my high school got caught w/alcohol by the 'disney cops'-they were held until the adult chaperones from the school could be located at which time the chaperones had to take turns providing them full time supervision OUTSIDE the park in the school bus until the bus left the property after the event ended.
My senior class was the first in years not to do grad night at Disneyland. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed. Our grad night was at Lake Tahoe, but I can go to Lake Tahoe any time, I'll never have another opportunity to spend all night in Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter