• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the pin trading situation on the Disney Wonder?

FinnFogg

Mouseketeer
Thinking about a last minute cruise in the Wonder next month. Has anyone cruised lately that can comment on the pin trading scene (or lack there of)? Our kids have recently gotten hooked on pin trading and I’m wondering how many of their traders we should be bringing along if we go.

As of May the Captains pin trading event has not returned. None of the crew members were wearing pins, but I believe there were books and boards for trading. They do sell DCL and Castaway Cay exclusive pins. I would check in the shops and guest services for pin trading.

Last week there was no pin trading with cast members on the Wonder. I asked about pin books and was told they have not restarted. Some guests had pin trading boards outside of their staterooms.

Love the pin trading board outside the stateroom idea!!
Unfortunately, it didn't seem to go well for the one person on Deck 2 Wonder that we saw last week. There was a board out the first few days and then there was just a note about "pin trading by request only, due to theft." :sad1:

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to go well for the one person on Deck 2 Wonder that we saw last week. There was a board out the first few days and then there was just a note about "pin trading by request only, due to theft." :sad1:
Thats my biggest concern. And you don't really know if it's done "on purpose" either. Kids see something they want and grab it sometimes. Of course it could have been adults too. It's just tough. You'd pretty much have to make sure it's stuff you are ultimately ok losing if that happened.

Oh no. That is too bad.

Just disembarked the wonder today. Our cruise group had a spreadsheet of people participating in pin trading via cork boards on their doors. My kids made the rounds several times. A couple times, specific crew members they had bonded with gave them a special pin (pixie dusted). Also, I don’t know your kids’ ages, but my son loooved the Edge. There is a posted Edge schedule on the app, but a lot more unofficial daily activities are written on a whiteboard in the room. My son talked to them and they added pin trading to that whiteboard and several kids showed up.

We just got off the Magic (6/18 - 6/27 Greece), and the 3 stores had pin books. No officer trading event.

There were a lot of the same pins each day, but on a few days, CM pulled some from the back (and one day we got a nice DCL pin). My kids had a great time looking at the pin books every day, and I’m glad I didn’t lug their pins for nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter