What is the point/advantage to online check in?

jenfromjersey

Mouseketeer
I noticed today that it said that in 30 days I can do online check in. Is there an advantage to this over just checking in when we get there?

Apparently it is quicker .... all your stuff is ready for you when you get there.

And maybe it is. I did not check in online last september, we got to the resort at about 6.30pm (ASMo) and they had to prepare our stuff while we waited. It took a massive 5 minutes ;)

When you check in online, the resort has everything prepared for you: packet including maps, park hours, parking pass, and your room keys. If you use a credit card for incidentals, it will already be tied to your room keys. You will spend minimal time at the counter waiting on everything to be printed and gathered. The online check in people also wait in a separate shorter line to check in.

You do end up on a shorter line and all you do is show photo id and they hand you over your packet.

If you happen to be staying Club Level at one of the Deluxe Resorts I think online check-in is not needed because those guests get a private check-in inside the Club Level lounge of the resort they are staying at.

Also others have mentioned if you have specifc requests it's best not to check-in online in-case they can't be meet or if you don't like the room you end up getting.

Thanks for the input! Getting super excited for the trip, but I think we will pass on the online check in

We used the online check-in in January, and it worked great. It was easy to do online. When we got to the hotel, the actual check in process there took two minutes (great for our plane tired kids), and our room was ready for us even though it was before check in time. Now, they don't guarantee your room will be ready for you early, so don't get mad if it isn't, but I'm guessing it improves your chances. Our bags arrived later, but we were able to drop off our carryon and head out to the parks. It is quick and easy to do and costs nothing, so why not save some time?

We're booked with another family - 2 rooms under the same reservation #. Can we check in online if we're taking separate flights down & will be arriving at different times? Or should we just check in once we get there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter