What is the policy for refund if Flight time change?

NJmouse

DIS Veteran
I just noticed our flight time has changed from 1:56 to 1:35 isn't there a refund policy if it changes more than 20 mins? If so where can I find it? This is a USAir flight for May.

I'll be interested in the response you get. When we had some flight schedule changes a few years ago with USAir, they mentioned it had to be in excess of an hour before I could change the flight without penalty. I never verified to see if it was in writing. If there's a 20 minute rule, I wanna know about it!;)

Sharon

I don't know about a 20 minute rule but I do know that airlines are obligated to rebook you based on availability or refund your ticket cost if they change your flight times to something unacceptable to you. Usually this would be an option pursued by people who's flights have dramatically changed to the point that they can't make them (ie-changed from an evening to an afternoon flight and they can't get out of work to make the time, etc.).

Would you really pursue cancelling your tickets for a refund over a small 20 minute change? That seems extreme but before you do, check the current rates to make sure you aren't going to end up paying way more for a new ticket.

Originally posted by NJmouse
I just noticed our flight time has changed from 1:56 to 1:35 isn't there a refund policy if it changes more than 20 mins? If so where can I find it? This is a USAir flight for May.

To my knowledge, a twenty minute flight time change is not going to get you a refund. The only time I've ever gotten (or even asked for) a refund was when my flight was cancelled and I woud be arriving either four hours earlier or four hours later than I originally booked.

Personally, I'd be emberrassed to make a stink and ask for a refund for a twenty minute change.

Anne

Thanks for your info. I have been looking for a way to get our money back from these tickets for a few months now. The other couple that we bought tickets for cancelled on us and we decided to take another way to go to WDW and were just looking for any opportunity to get our money back.

My only experience in this area was with United. They changed one of our flights by a couple of hours, and they were great about switching it to a different flight on the day before at no additional charge. That actually worked out better for us than the original flight.
Good luck with your situation...the worst they can say is "no!"
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by NJmouse
Thanks for your info. I have been looking for a way to get our money back from these tickets for a few months now. The other couple that we bought tickets for cancelled on us and we decided to take another way to go to WDW and were just looking for any opportunity to get our money back.

I don't think they'll give you a refund for a twenty minute change. Best they'll probably do is allow you to take a different flight that same day.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter