• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the REAL dress code at Jiko?

J-Dog

A Nobody
I understand that the dress code wording recently changed to be slightly more vague, only specifically restricting swimwear.

My question is - what are people ACTUALLY wearing to Jiko?

I'm not really looking for opinions about what people SHOULD wear, but rather what people have actually observed as the recent "normal" (post-dress code change).

Admittedly, we are most definitely NOT "formal" people, and would probably be on the more "casual" end of the spectrum, but I also don't want to disrespect the staff and other patrons by looking like a slob (relatively speaking), either.

Thanks!

There is no "real" dress code at Jiko. As you've seen you are asked to be nicely dressed. However, in reality you'll see everything short of bathing attire up to fancy dress clothes.

I went to Jiko in May and the majority of people there were wearing "theme park clothes", so t-shirts, shorts, flip flops, etc. My group and I wore dresses (not super formal ones) and we definitely stuck out compared to everyone else.

There is no "real" dress code at Jiko. As you've seen you are asked to be nicely dressed. However, in reality you'll see everything short of bathing attire up to fancy dress clothes.
Thanks! That's what I was looking for.
I went to Jiko in May and the majority of people there were wearing "theme park clothes", so t-shirts, shorts, flip flops, etc. My group and I wore dresses (not super formal ones) and we definitely stuck out compared to everyone else.
Thanks as well! My DW and SIL will probably wear something similar to what you wore, but for me it's cargo shorts, sneakers, and maybe a polo shirt is as formal as it gets.

Thanks as well! My DW and SIL will probably wear something similar to what you wore, but for me it's cargo shorts, sneakers, and maybe a polo shirt is as formal as it gets.
And you'll all be fine!:earsboy:

I've seen business casual (what we normally wear) and better to t-shirts and shorts. Just as at about every signature restaurant.
I don't mind the more casual at a park signature, but at resort, most of the time you had time to change and chose not to.

I've seen business casual (what we normally wear) and better to t-shirts and shorts. Just as at about every signature restaurant.
I don't mind the more casual at a park signature, but at resort, most of the time you had time to change and chose not to.
Well, I would definitely be in the "chose not to" crowd. That's why I asked - to make sure that others feel the same way. Seems like they do.

Thanks again.

Well, I would definitely be in the "chose not to" crowd. That's why I asked - to make sure that others feel the same way. Seems like they do.

Thanks again.
If i end up with a 8pm jiko on our akl day i will choose not to aswell. No way am i travelling 20 mins bk to hotel either swan reserve or bonnet creek if i can get an uber / bus straight there. Might throw a clean tshirt and cardigan and some wipes in thr bag but thats about it.

I’ve seen more people dressed nicely than in theme park attire. But cargo shorts, sneakers and a polo shirt would not be out of place at all. I wouldn’t give it a second thought.

Other than swimsuits or clothing with offensive slogans, you will see pretty much everything. But a lot more casual than formal. Its central Florida and people are on vacation. "Resort wear" is as formal as it gets for most, and full on casual is very common as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter