What is the scariest medical symptom you ever had?

Shooting pains down my left arm. Of course I was thinking heart attack, but it turned out to be a pinched nerve. $5000 in hospital tests, and they fixed it with a single prescription.
Bell's palsy - went to Urgent Care and then to the ER where stroke protocol was initiated before I even received my hospital bracelet. It was a scary, but thankfully short, time, and I will never complain about a long wait time in the ER again.
I had Bell's Palsy recently. Once I found out what it was, I honestly wasn't that upset -- my doctor told me it has a 97% chance of resolving itself if you do nothing, and the steroid she gave me raised my chances. Sure enough, a month later I was myself again. It wasn't pleasant though.

Bleeding after my wisdom tooth removal.
I went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled out. It was scheduled, so I expected that I would experience pain and discomfort on that day. The procedure wasn't long, everything was fine. I came back home, took all the prescribed meds, and even double-checked the info about them on the Canadian Pharmacy site, and after several hours bleeding started. I couldn't stop it on my own, so I went to the hospital. I spent three days there until they allowed me to come home.
I have one more wisdom tooth to pull out, but I'm still mentally unprepared for that.

Last edited:
It's a toss-up between a lump in my breast, which resulted in a mastectomy, and my first bout with vertigo, which was very frightening.

Either, a lump in my breast that was monitored as a cyst for over a year but ended up being triple negative breast cancer or a swollen eye while dealing with a sinus infection that wouldn’t go away. Turned into orbital cellulitis and I was hospitalized for 6 days, on two IV antibiotics then 2 courses of pill antibiotics after that and had “emergency” sinus surgery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter