• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the scariest sight you have ever seen when looking in the mirror?

Spinneret

DIS Veteran
Serious answers only
I would say waking up one morning to find my eye had become really red

Looking at a piece of foam about 1/2” thick and the size of my fist, that was literally sewn onto my forehead after surgery.

One morning I woke up and walked into the bathroom and was brushing my teeth looking down into the sink. When I raised my head up I was missing one of my eyes, it was completely gone, just an empty socket. I started running out of my bedroom pinching myself as hard as I could because I always heard of you pinch yourself in a dream you’ll wake up. It was not working. I ran out of my front door and halfway through the yard I finally woke up in my bed. I will forever have the image of my face without an eye in my head though.

When I was visiting friends in FL, I was washing my face in the bathroom. When I looked up to dry my face, I saw movement on the wall behind me. It was a huge palmetto bug. I screamed and ran from the bathroom. We never did find it. 😳

• Wow
Reactions: Liz
Ok, this will sound weird. But I remember reading once (or maybe someone said it to me?) that I would see my dog who’d passed in a mirror some day. Sure, I’d thought - not likely. Then one day as I was waking up, I sat up in bed and happened to look at the mirror across from my bed, and, omg, there she was! For just a split second! It was so cool! It just so happened, too, that her ashes were right on the bureau under that mirror. Love never dies. 💞 (So not scary, but more of a Wow!)

8 months into the pandemic without a hair cut was pretty scary. Barber shops were all closed. My wife went out and bought a home barbering kit and she and my daughter cut my hair over the Thanksgiving holiday.

8 months into the pandemic without a hair cut was pretty scary. Barber shops were all closed. My wife went out and bought a home barbering kit and she and my daughter cut my hair over the Thanksgiving holiday.
I eventually cut my husband’s hair. With scissors. He said I didn’t do a bad job. My DD cut mine. We kept taking pictures of the back of my head and I was like, “No, it’s crooked on the right” :lmao: so it took a while, but she finally got it. The only one who would not let us touch his hair was DS. He waited until the barber shop opened up again.

I eventually cut my husband’s hair. With scissors. He said I didn’t do a bad job. My DD cut mine. We kept taking pictures of the back of my head and I was like, “No, it’s crooked on the right” :lmao: so it took a while, but she finally got it. The only one who would not let us touch his hair was DS. He waited until the barber shop opened up again.
My wife hasn't been to the beauty shop since covid started. All she went in for was to cut 2" off the ends once a year. Our daughter does that now. We have to buy her lunch, but $10 for a sub sandwich, burger or Mexican meal is cheaper than the $35 the hair stylist charged to do the same thing.

My wife hasn't been to the beauty shop since covid started. All she went in for was to cut 2" off the ends once a year. Our daughter does that now. We have to buy her lunch, but $10 for a sub sandwich, burger or Mexican meal is cheaper than the $35 the hair stylist charged to do the same thing.
That’s how my DD was. She just wears hers long and straight, so hers was fine. But mine is shorter, and styled. So it was a bit more of an undertaking. But DD did a decent job. I was surprised more hairdressers and barbers weren’t working on the sly during the pandemic, they could’ve made bank with so many people needing haircuts. (Not that it would’ve been right to do.)

That’s how my DD was. She just wears hers long and straight, so hers was fine. But mine is shorter, and styled. So it was a bit more of an undertaking. But DD did a decent job. I was surprised more hairdressers and barbers weren’t working on the sly during the pandemic, they could’ve made bank with so many people needing haircuts. (Not that it would’ve been right to do.)
I guess if they were working from home they could do that. But I know my barbers were concerned someone would turn them in if they opened their shop. My DIL's dad lives in Los Angeles County and apparently he found barber shops open to get a hair cut. Yet at the same time, when I was down there in December 2021, restaurants wouldn't let you in without seeing your vaccine card.

The car approaching us from behind at a high rate of speed when we were stopped on the highway.

He ended up noticing us and swerving to the left at the last minute, right into an oncoming car head on. :(

When the military dentist finished pulling my wisdom teeth, he told me to just relax in the chair a bit, and he would be right back. I was absolutely skying off Valium, so of course I got up to check myself out in the mirror. My mouth was a swollen mess of bloody cotton, and I sobered right up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter