• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the scariest tourist attraction you have ever been to?

I could've used a Xanax at the Jungfraujoch. I felt for sure I was going to slip and fall to my death down the glacier.

Skylon tower. I’m petrified of heights. I went all the way to the back to be away from the door then it wound up being a glass elevator. It took me ages to stop shaking but once seated I actually enjoyed the meal and the views.

Two different countries, two different attractions attempting to lick my fear of heights:
La Sagrada Familia and Uetliberg.

They licked me.

The bus ride up to the Peak in Hong Kong when I looked out the window of the bus and the wheels of the bus were on the very edge of the mountain side. All you could see was straight down. Thank goodness it was foggy, and I couldn't see far.

Skylon tower. I’m petrified of heights. I went all the way to the back to be away from the door then it wound up being a glass elevator. It took me ages to stop shaking but once seated I actually enjoyed the meal and the views.

Oh my goodness, I used to work at the Skylon Tower! Great memories! And yeah, the glass elevators made some people queasy, much like the (relatively) nearby CN Tower lol.

Oh my goodness, I used to work at the Skylon Tower! Great memories! And yeah, the glass elevators made some people queasy, much like the (relatively) nearby CN Tower lol.
I didn’t realize it was moving at first. I set my purse on the ledge and the server said unless I didn’t want to see it for an hour to get it off of there. Once I managed that one I did the one in Seattle but I don’t feel like I need to go back or anything.

Mine sounds very mild compared to the others.
Looking over the edge at Grant Canyon! I am not good with heights and felt like I would fall in. I was surprised you could just walk up to the edge anywhere and it would be so easy to slip and fall in, LOL. Of course it isn't fenced in, It's the Grand Canyon, LOL:rotfl2:

Not sure if it's a tourist attraction per se, but Angels Landing at Zion National Park. The scary part is being at the top and accidentally looking down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter