What is the security like since 21/07/05?

wifey

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how strict is the security in the parks since the bombs in London ,are they checking bags etc and will they let you take food in the parks?Wifey :wave2: :lovestruc

In another thread when we went in July I said "No wanting to put a damper but remember that security has increased considerably. Given that security would not be able to check the contents of everyone's flask I'd be prepared that you would not be allowed to take it in.

Every bag/backpack we had had to have every zip pocket opened for inspection."

Reid

Just like WDW then!Form an orderly queue unfasten all compartments , no sharp objects, etc etc

wifey said:
Just like WDW then!Form an orderly queue unfasten all compartments , no sharp objects, etc etc
I wouldn't bank on the orderly queue :rolleyes:

Reid

Wasn't banking on it being orderly at all , expect it to be like our WDW trip in June where we had to fight for places everywhere on the buses etc .Found some of the least polite people in the world there most of them did not know what GOOD MANNERS are or for that matter -the ones that had a clue didn't use them at all!
If they are anything like most of the Americans and Mexicans we met we are prepared to do battle Grrr!!LOL Wifey

Don't get me wrong we did find some who were a delight to talk to and had lovely manners, even the waitresses and bus drivers during busy periods! :wave2: Wifey

We went July 18th - 22nd and they had a brief look in DH rucksack and my handbag. Didn't check any carriers or under the buggy.

Joanne UK said:
We went July 18th - 22nd and they had a brief look in DH rucksack and my handbag. Didn't check any carriers or under the buggy.
I must have showed them my wrong side :rotfl: as I always get searched.

Reid

Thay's just like DH every time we go through an airport he is stopped and searched!!
Thank goodness they check though, both in airports and in theme parks it certainly makes me feel safer when I travel.Wifey

yes i agree we need to be searched thanks to some minority. and yes sometimes is could be carried out better. but its a good detterrent.
as for que jumping i found the worse ones for it in florida were the britsh and the spanish in france. :rolleyes1

We came back last week from DLP and the bag checking was more of a peek! Queues seemed to be OK as they were moving everyone through quickly.
Anthony

I really don't mind the waiting time but do find it very rude when people try to jump the queue when we were first in line, ( for quite some time I might add!) and had the decency to find the bus stops early etc to ensure a return to the hotel with minimum fuss!This happened every day in Orlando and by the time we had been there 3-4 days we were taking no prisoners, we had a very tired 5 year old to deal with and did not want tempers frayed!

"We don't intend to take much into the parks just the usual, camera batteries etc so will not take long to check,plan on taking snacks in pockets no big bags."Getting back to the subject after my little rant!

Take the security check at the entrance of the Walt Disney Studios park, it goes much faster. You can then go to the Disneyland park without any hazard. :wizard:

Tinkamom in June we stayed off site not ideal but good for trips to Universal and Seaworld, at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista,I know it's so different to staying on site which we have done in the past (All Star Movies 2004 and All Star Music 2000) but even in the parks this year there were alot of people in Disney who pushed in or forced their way through sometimes .

P S the hotel itself was very good for accomodation really close to Goodings and within walking distance of lots of good food places Steak'n'shake and Dennys on the corner being 2 of our faves.

DLP

Just a quick peek in my bag but DH had to take his apart almost everytime.
Very off putting one evening to come out of the Disneyland Park to see 2 soldiers walking around with their guns in their hands, everyone was keeping a VERY WIDE berth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter