What is the silliest thing that got you into trouble at school?

British English. Being an immigrant family, my parents were a product of British-influenced schools, and many of the books in our home, including the dictionary, were published abroad. My American teachers used to dock me for using UK spelling, and a few even made me serve detention for continuing to use it. (My Dad used to go ballistic when this happened to us, and would invade the principal's office, dictionary in hand, to prove that I was *not* incorrect. Then, another year and a different teacher, and it would happen again...)

Tapping two kids on the back while they were at the water fountain. Sister was ticked and sent me back to class without any water.

Calling my friend a dopehead in class. We were in our sophomore year of high school (and he dropped out of high school the next year to grow marijuana as a career). I don't remember the context as to why I called him it, but I got detention for it

Having photos of my boyfriend and I hugging on Myspace when we were in high school. They made me come in for "Saturday school", basically detention on Saturday, which they charged $25 for. I brought all pennies.

Talking. That's the extent of my trouble. I got put in the corner in 1st grade. Must have traumatized me. I never got into trouble again.

For talking and laughing during rest time in kindergarten. I mean, it was only half day kindergarten, did we really need the lights turned off and our heads resting on our arms on the table tops during that two hours and forty-five minutes?

Not really "in trouble," but the quirkiest thing was that I have always been a voracious reader -- a true book worm -- but I always got "Needs to Improve" on my report card under "Reads for a leisure activity" because I just would not do the required book reports. I was too busy reading!

For stepping out of the girls line into the boys line in kindergarten. Something was going on in the room and I was trying to see over people's heads to find us what. The teacher grabbed my face with her hand, squeezing my cheeks and reprimanding me. I didn't even realize what I had done. I hated kindergarten.

letting someone cheat off my paper during a test. it was such b.s.-my friend who sat behind me kept whispering to me to move my test paper so he could see it and i kept ignoring him but when he started poking me in the back with his pencil i announced out loud 'if you want to see it so bad HERE!' and lifted the test paper up and over my shoulder so he could see it. the teacher heard/saw it and busted my friend for cheating/me for colluding with it. got sent to the office but i was cleared/teacher was told to give me whatever grade i scored on the test because as soon as i turned around the principal saw all the pencil marks on the back of my blouse.

i don’t remember my age but I remember being delayed in writing at the age most were writing I was in Occupational therapy still learning the basics of holding a pencil

for a over all Punishment we had to write sentences I told the daycare teacher I did not know how to write she made a example out of me I told my mom and my mom yelled at them explaining about my physical disability

I went to Catholic Elementary school. Every St. Paddy’s Day, we had a huge 3-4 day festival where they brought in rides, food, etc. One year a haunted house ride was installed. Out front was a mechanical witch that cackled and bent back and forth, like a bow.

A friend and I thought she was silly and would mimic her movements. Well, someone told the principal - a Nun - and we got in trouble for WORSHIPPING the witch.

It was absurd.

I got sent to the office because I went to the bathroom during my lunch break. You see, they had this issue where a few kids would smoke in the bathroom. However, consistent with the leadership mentality at the school — rather than try to address the actual issue, you simply prohibit any kid from using the bathroom during lunch.

Holding hands with my boyfriend in the hall between classes. We both got detention.

Not wearing socks. My catholic school required socks with shoes but in the spring I would carry socks in my pocket. One day I was given detention for not wearing socks. I was also written up for having yellow ducks on my white turtleneck,

In fourth grade, I stayed in for recess nearly every day because I hadn't finished my "journal entry" from earlier that day. Not because I wasn't working on it when I should have been, but because I had physical delays and it took me longer to physically write things than my peers. I don't know if that's exactly "getting in trouble" but at that age, staying in for recess for any reason is certainly seen as getting in trouble.

But the best story of "silliest thing you got in trouble for," hands down, goes to my friend. Freshman year, PE. We had a sub. Our teacher told us what we would be doing the next day with the sub. She said we were doing something different. A classmate of mine very politely mentioned that our teacher had told us we were doing something else. Instead of responding in any reasonable fashion such as "She must have changed her plans, because that's what I have in my plans" she yelled at all of us. Then my friend asked her her name and she yelled at her, "You don't need to know my name!" She made us all sit in our "squads" the entire gym period and wrote a note to the teacher about how bad we were, specifically calling out my friend who... asked her name.

Wearing white socks. Our uniform dictated green socks. I took the demerits (three demerits = one detention) and wore the white socks to make a point. Now my kids do the same kind of thing. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter